Author Topic: B-1B Bomber Crashes In South Dakota  (Read 269 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-1B Bomber Crashes In South Dakota
« on: January 06, 2024, 03:24:55 pm »
B-1B Bomber Crashes In South Dakota
The B-1B ‘Bone’ crashed while attempting to land at the base with all crew ejecting safely from the aircraft.

BY
TYLER ROGOWAY
|
PUBLISHED JAN 4, 2024 10:40 PM EST
B-1B Ellsworth mishap

Details are extremely limited at this time, but there has been a major incident at Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota. A B-1B crashed while attempting to land at the base this evening, with all crew ejecting safely. Ellsworth is one of two master bases that house the B-1B 'Bone' bomber fleet.

The statement from the public affairs office for the 28th Bomb Wing, the main unit at Ellsworth, reads:

"An Air Force B-1B Lancer assigned to Ellsworth Air Force Base crashed at approximately 5:50 p.m. today while attempting to land on the installation. At the time of the accident, it was on a training mission. There were four aircrew on board. All four ejected safely.

A board of officers will investigate the accident.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/b-1b-crashes-at-ellsworth-afb-in-south-dakota
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson