Author Topic: World War II bomb found on California beach  (Read 219 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
World War II bomb found on California beach
« on: January 06, 2024, 02:59:31 pm »
World War II bomb found on California beach

JANUARY 06, 2024 TIMOTHY FRUDD
A World War II-era Navy bomb was found on a California beach by the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office on New Year’s Eve after massive waves bombarded the coast of California last week.

The World War II bomb, described in a Facebook post by the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office bomb squad as an “inert military ordnance” due to its status as a bomb without explosive contents, was discovered on the Pajaro Dunes.

“On New Year’s Eve, our bomb team was called out to the Pajaro Dunes,” the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office wrote. “The recent storms washed up what was determined to be an inert military ordnance! As a precaution our bomb team responded, deemed it safe, and had it removed from the beach. Thank you to Travis Air Force Base personnel for responding and collecting it!”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/01/world-war-ii-bomb-found-on-california-beach/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: World War II bomb found on California beach
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 10:53:19 pm »
Scary headline! I guess if it was accurate no one would read the story, after all 'WWII practice bomb found on beach' just doesn't have that kick to it :shrug: