Author Topic: Illegal Aliens Turn Up in U.S. Firearms Database of 13.9 Million ‘Prohibiting Events’  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Illegal Aliens Turn Up in U.S. Firearms Database of 13.9 Million ‘Prohibiting Events’
January 02, 2024

The FBI has nearly 14 million records of illegal aliens in a database used to run background checks on individuals seeking to purchase firearms.

The index – tallying 13.9 million “unique prohibiting events” involving illegal aliens, including arrests, convictions and commitments to mental institutions – indicates that illegally present migrants may not be as law-abiding as some studies claim.

Between November 1998 and November 2023, there were 47,930 denials of firearm purchases to illegal/unlawful aliens involving the National Instant Criminal Background (NICS) system.

Whether those records and denials compiled over the period resulted in any apprehensions or removals is unknown.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/01/02/illegal-aliens-turn-us-firearms-database-139-million-prohibiting-events
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson