Author Topic: Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin Has Been Hospitalized for a Week and Just Told Congress Today  (Read 4302 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I know that it is pretty much SOP in industy that non disclosure of an injury or illness that precludes you from doing your job is instant termination. 

Let's see how this plays out, given the race card.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Monica Crowley
@MonicaCrowley

The Commander-in-Chief is a Weekend-at-Bernie's corpse.

The Secretary of Defense was in the ICU in an undisclosed medical crisis & didn't tell his boss or anyone else - for days.

The Deputy Secy of Defense was sipping umbrella drinks on vacay in Puerto Rico.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH with this dangerous catastrophe of a "presidency."

1:57 PM · Jan 7, 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online mountaineer

It's not enough they lie to us. They even lie to each other - within the administration. Good grief.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Marc Thiessen
@marcthiessen
When I worked in OSD for Rumsfeld the SecDef and DepSecDef could not travel at the same time so that one was always in the Pentagon and there was no risk of the chain of command being interrupted.
The idea that the SecDef would be incapacitated and not inform his deputy or the commander in chief is unthinkable
12:54 PM · Jan 7, 2024

Matthew S Harrison
@MatthewSHarriso
And what was the elective surgery?   Why would a secdef consider elective surgery when we have multiple flashpoints in Africa and the middle eastnwhere we have troops directly engaged in fights on the ground?
Also, this is why there's no reporting on the attacks on our guys in Iraq and Syria this weekend.... #justsayin
1:25 PM · Jan 7, 2024

Online LMAO

I know that it is pretty much SOP in industy that non disclosure of an injury or illness that precludes you from doing your job is instant termination. 

Let's see how this plays out, given the race card.

His race, plus a compliant media, will protect him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Oh it just gets better and better...!

‘He’s a cipher’: How Austin’s need for privacy just backfired

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/07/austin-has-long-been-a-quiet-operator-that-just-backfired-on-him-00134199

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin is one of the most reclusive Pentagon chiefs in recent memory. That’s creating a major problem for him now.

Austin’s failure to inform his most senior advisers, congressional leaders and even President Joe Biden of his hospitalization last week due to complications from a medical procedure has erupted into a controversy that’s left senior White House and Pentagon officials infuriated and befuddled. Some Republicans quickly called for investigations or even for Austin to be disciplined or fired.

Advertisement
Joint Chiefs Chair Gen. C.Q. Brown was not informed of Austin’s situation until Tuesday, the day after his hospitalization, a senior Defense Department official told POLITICO on Sunday. Even Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks, who assumed some of his duties while he was in the hospital, did not know his whereabouts until Thursday, a second senior DOD official said after CNN first reported the news.

“My sense is his desire to be private about a routine medical procedure kind of backfired when it didn’t go as planned,” said one senior U.S. official. “He’s so loyal and duty-bound. It’s all just very odd.”

(snip)

The Pentagon says the delay in notifying senior administration officials about Austin’s hospitalization was partly due to the fact his chief of staff was also out with her own illness at the same time.

It seems that the U.S. military chain of command was completely broken at the top this past week.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 01:27:40 am by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mountaineer

John Hayward
@Doc_0
The Secretary of Defense disappearing for days without telling anyone while the world is on fire from Joe Biden's foreign policy is very on-brand for the Biden clown show. Iran shuts down a big chunk of global shipping with Yemeni terrorists and nobody knows where SecDef is.
8:16 AM · Jan 8, 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Okay - Now the Joint Chiefs Head Knew About Austin and Agreed to KEEP THE SECRET?!
Lara Seligman and Alexander Ward from Politico 7:40 PM on January 07, 2024

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin is one of the most reclusive Pentagon chiefs in recent memory. That’s creating a major problem for him now.

Austin’s failure to inform his most senior advisers, congressional leaders and even President Joe Biden of his hospitalization last week due to complications from a medical procedure has erupted into a controversy that’s left senior White House and Pentagon officials infuriated and befuddled. Some Republicans quickly called for investigations or even for Austin to be disciplined or fired.

Joint Chiefs Chair Gen. C.Q. Brown was not informed of Austin’s situation until Tuesday, the day after his hospitalization, a senior Defense Department official told POLITICO on Sunday. Even Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks, who assumed some of his duties while he was in the hospital, did not know his whereabouts until Thursday, a second senior DOD official said after CNN first reported the news.

“My sense is his desire to be private about a routine medical procedure kind of backfired when it didn’t go as planned,” said one senior U.S. official. “He’s so loyal and duty-bound. It’s all just very odd.”

[These clowns ALL need to be on the unemployment line. ~ Beege]

more
https://hotair.com/headlines/2024/01/07/okay-now-the-joint-chiefs-head-knew-about-austin-and-agreed-to-keep-the-secret-n603472
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

No worries. Our government is in such great shape. *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Matthew S Harrison
@MatthewSHarriso
And what was the elective surgery?   Why would a secdef consider elective surgery when we have multiple flashpoints in Africa and the middle eastnwhere we have troops directly engaged in fights on the ground?
Also, this is why there's no reporting on the attacks on our guys in Iraq and Syria this weekend.... #justsayin
1:25 PM · Jan 7, 2024

Did he have a sex change operation? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Austin’s Going Nowhere’ — Biden Not Considering Sacking Defense Secretary Who Failed to Disclose Hospitalization

Although Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin failed to inform the White House about his recent hospitalization, President Joe Biden (D) is not considering firing him, Politico reported Monday.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2024/01/08/austins-going-nowhere-president-joe-biden-not-considering-sacking-defense-secretary-who-failed-to-disclose-hospitalization/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

Did he have a sex change operation?
Just wanted to fit into today's military.

Online libertybele

Just wanted to fit into today's military.

At this point, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Phillip: White House Wouldn’t Talk to Us About Secret Austin Hospitalization While U.S. Forces Were Attacked

Ian Hanchett 9 Jan 2024

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Newsnight,” host Abby Phillip laid out all the major events that occurred during Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s hospitalization and stated that White House officials turned down requests from the show to explain the situation.

Phillip said, “The mystery involving the nation’s Defense Secretary is even wilder tonight. First of all, a week later, Lloyd Austin is actually still in the hospital. Why? Well, we don’t know and we don’t know which procedure put him there in the first place. We don’t know what his condition is. And we don’t know why it seems that very few people in the Biden administration seemed to be aware of it. Now, that includes Austin’s number two at the Pentagon the president himself. Now, if you take a look at the org. chart here, only the Joint Chiefs was in the know about all of this.”

She continued, “And if you take a step back further and look at what transpired in the world just in the last week while few people were aware of this, it is pretty alarming considering that Austin is the man in charge of this country’s armed forces. Two wars are underway, of course, both of which involve U.S. funds and interests. Separately, a senior Hamas official was killed, attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq and Syria intensified — surpassing 120 instances, dozens are killed in an ISIS-claimed terrorist attack near the grave of an Iranian commander — it’s the deadliest in Iran since the ’79 revolution, American forces launched a rare airstrike in Baghdad, killing the leader of an Iranian-backed militia, the Houthis launched another drone attack against the Red Sea shipping lanes, it was reported that Russia is on the verge of buying ballistic missiles from Iran, and the Koreas escalated tensions with shots fired during drills. Now, we’ve asked the White House to appear on ‘Newsnight’ and provide some sunlight, but they declined.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/01/09/cnns-phillip-white-house-wouldnt-talk-to-us-about-secret-austin-hospitalization-while-u-s-forces-were-attacked/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Clapper: Austin’s Secret Hospitalization Isn’t a Big Deal, He’s ‘an Introvert’ and His Security Knew Where He Was

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Source,” CNN National Security Analyst and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper argued that the outcry over Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin being hospitalized in secret is “making a mountain out of a molehill”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/01/08/cnns-clapper-austins-secret-hospitalization-isnt-a-big-deal-hes-an-introvert-and-his-security-knew-where-he-was/
Support the USO

Online Lando Lincoln

This is just crazy. I understand the individual right to privacy but isn’t there a certain moral duty to inform the American people of more detail than what we have been given?  Shouldn’t we know if there was a break in the chain of command?  Shouldn’t we know Lloyd’s physical fitness for duty, never mind his competence? 

So yeah, if he has a perforated colon from a colonoscopy, I think we should know.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rosendale to file impeachment articles against Austin
BY ELLEN MITCHELL - 01/08/24 8:19 PM ET

Hard-line House Republican Matt Rosendale (Mont.) on Monday announced plans to introduce an impeachment resolution against Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin over his failure last week to notify the White House and Congress he had been hospitalized for several days, as well as the troubled withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021 and the Chinese spy balloon that flew over parts of the country last year.

Rosendale, who will be introducing the article of impeachment when the House meets Tuesday afternoon, said Austin’s decision not to disclose his stay at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Washington, D.C., “violated his oath of office” and “jeopardized the lives of the American people,” according to a statement from his office.

In an interview with The Vince Coglianese Show earlier Monday, Rosendale declined to say who would be co-sponsoring his action as he had just returned to Washington, D.C. and his team is still “putting this together.”

“I am introducing a resolution tomorrow for impeachment. This is really, really frightening. . .  When the secretary of Defense is MIA, that just compounds everything else, every threat that is presented to the country, every conflict that is going on around the world right now. This is very problematic,” said Rosendale, who has said he is “heavily considering running” for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Democrat Jon Tester.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4396437-rosendale-to-file-impeachment-articles-against-austin/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why do I get the feeling this is exactly what Biden, Austin, puppet master, et.al., have suckered republicans into doing? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Has ‘Full Confidence’ In Austin, Won’t Accept Resignation If Offered: Reports
By  Daniel Chaitin

Jan 8, 2024   DailyWire.com

President Joe Biden reportedly has no intention of having Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin leave his administration over a secretive hospital stay.

Senior administration officials told POLITICO the president would not accept the defense secretary’s resignation if offered. “Austin’s going nowhere,” one of the sources said. The report follows a White House official telling Reuters that Biden has “full confidence” in Austin and is “looking forward to him being back at the Pentagon.”

The Department of Defense (DoD) announced on Friday that Austin had been admitted to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for “complications following a recent elective medical procedure” a week ago.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-has-full-confidence-in-austin-wont-accept-resignation-if-offered-reports
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why would Biden accept Austin's resignation when he's doing such a masterful job of destroying the military? :shrug:
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This is just crazy. I understand the individual right to privacy but isn’t there a certain moral duty to inform the American people of more detail than what we have been given?  Shouldn’t we know if there was a break in the chain of command?  Shouldn’t we know Lloyd’s physical fitness for duty, never mind his competence? 

So yeah, if he has a perforated colon from a colonoscopy, I think we should know.
Two takeaways from this, one is that apparently Austin isn't all that necessary if he can be out of the picture with all the insanity going on in the world right now, and two I'll keep on taking a hard pass on a colonoscopy as long as the colorectal test is clear **nononono*

I guess we know for sure that at least two of Biden's cabinet members are superfluous, Austin and Buttjigger. Oh wait I guess Kerry is too , and....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :silly:

Defense Secretary’s Office to Investigate Itself for Failure to Notify Biden, Others of His Hospitalization

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s office is investigating itself for breakdowns in notifying Joe Biden and others about his hospitalization.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/09/defense-secretarys-office-to-investigate-itself-over-hospitalization-notification-procedures/
Support the USO

Online Lando Lincoln

:silly:

Defense Secretary’s Office to Investigate Itself for Failure to Notify Biden, Others of His Hospitalization

We couldn’t make up such nonsense if we tried.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
We couldn’t make up such nonsense if we tried.

The whole premise of Merrick Garland being at the top of the pyramid in investigative and law enforcement powers tops them all though.

POTUS Hayes would just have much as put Jesse James in charge of the Director of the U.S. Mint.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.