Author Topic: Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin Has Been Hospitalized for a Week and Just Told Congress Today  (Read 4291 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin Has Been Hospitalized for a Week and Just Told Congress Today
streiff

Four days after Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin was admitted to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for "complications" from an "elective medical procedure," the Pentagon notified Congress.

The fact that the Secretary had been hospitalized since New Year's Day was disclosed Friday in a press statement.

Maj. Gen. Patrick S. Ryder, the Pentagon press secretary, declined to elaborate on the source of Mr. Austin’s medical issues, citing patient privacy. But in a statement on Friday, General Ryder said the defense secretary, who is 70, is “recovering well and is expecting to resume his full duties today.”

During Mr. Austin’s time in the hospital, Kathleen Hicks, the deputy defense secretary, “was prepared to act for and exercise the powers of the secretary, if required,” General Ryder said in the statement.

There is no word on what the "elective medical procedure" was, though with DOD's current infatuation with transgenderism, I'm terrified to find out.

I don't believe in indispensable men (except maybe George Washington); if I did, a midwit like Austin wouldn't be among them. There is nothing this guy has touched from the Afghan debacle to our response in the Red Sea that has been a disaster to him hiding under his bed with his blankey at the thought of "extremists" in the military (DOD's 'Military Extremism' Investigation Is a Dud) that hasn't been both sad and ridiculous.

more
https://redstate.com/streiff/2024/01/05/seccretary-of-defense-lloyd-austin-has-been-hospitalized-for-a-week-and-just-told-congress-today-n2168356
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

NBC: "Defense Sec. Lloyd Austin has been hospitalized since New Year's Day," but the Biden admin didn't disclose it until tonight — and "refuses to say how serious his condition was or why he was not able to perform his duties"

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1743460692542230691
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Just wonderful and he's our Sec'y of Defense!  9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Who predicted any member of the cabinet could be unhealthier than the so-called Commander in Chief?

Offline mountaineer

Tweets from a Military Times reporter:

Meghann Myers
@Meghann_MT
The Pentagon Press Association has sent a letter to @PentagonPresSec with concerns over how it’s possible that a senior member of the presidential cabinet was hospitalized without public notification, breaking norms across the federal government.

Meghann Myers
@Meghann_MT
If there’s one thing Lloyd Austin doesn’t like, it’s being in the news. But the problem with obfuscating is that you make things harder on yourself when news comes out.

----------------------

Supposedly related to "complications" from elective surgery, and he has been discharged: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/01/05/defense-secretary-hospitalized-for-surgery-complications/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 04:31:35 pm by mountaineer »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Axis of Evil and Iran's Axis of Resistance may smell more Western weakness.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Does this really surprise anyone paying attention to this regime?

Offline Lando Lincoln

Does this really surprise anyone paying attention to this regime?

It doesn’t surprise me in the least but it is stunning nonetheless. Does that make sense?  Crazy.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It doesn’t surprise me in the least but it is stunning nonetheless. Does that make sense?  Crazy.

Actually, it does @Lando Lincoln

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
More lies.  Apparently Austin has been in the ICU at Walter Reed and the Deputy SECDEF is on vacation in Puerto Rico.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Nobody told Biden his DefSec was in ICU (if that's where he was). Of course, what's the point of telling Biden - he'd forget it ten seconds later.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1743805439005864230

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1743755724931375145
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 12:45:08 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Lando Lincoln

Jake Sullivan: “Mr. President. I just learned Lloyd Austin is in ICU at Walter Reed.”

Joe Biden: “Who?”
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

Jake Sullivan: “Mr. President. I just learned Lloyd Austin is in ICU at Walter Reed.”

Joe Biden: “Who?”
Joe Biden: Well, hi. I see you, too!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NEW UPDATED UPDATE: SecDef Austin Did Not Tell Biden's National Security Adviser He Was in the ICU
streiff

The Department of Defense didn't notify the White House that Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin was in the Walter Reed National Medical Center intensive care unit until Thursday. That's it.

I've posted twice on the growing mystery of why the Defense Department failed to notify Congress that Secretary Austin was in the hospital. In the first episode, it was revealed in a Pentagon statement on Friday that Austin had been in the hospital since New Year's Day due to "complications" from an "elective medical procedure." This came as a shock to the Pentagon Press Corps and Congress.

The second act materialized earlier on Saturday with the report that Austin hadn't just been in the hospital; he'd been in the intensive care unit from Monday to Friday evening. His deputy, Kathleen Hicks, was on vacation in Puerto Rico at the time. While he was incapacitated and she was sunning herself, the US ordered a drone strike on the leader of an Iranian militia; the US Navy was trying to make the Red Sea safe for commercial traffic without upsetting the Iranians or Houthis, a war raged between Israel and Hamas, and North Korea lobbed a couple of hundred artillery rounds into South Korean waters.

I ended that update with this note.

While we are focused on Congressional notification, no one has yet asked if the White House was told.

Now we have the answer to that question.

The Pentagon did not inform senior officials in the White House’s National Security Council of Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s hospitalization until Thursday — three full days after he arrived at Walter Reed Medical Center, two U.S. officials said.

The news came as a shock to top staff, including national security adviser Jake Sullivan, as they were unaware the DOD chief was dealing with complications following an elective medical procedure, the officials said. NSC staffers were surprised it took the Pentagon so long to let them know of Austin’s condition. The Pentagon didn’t make the information public until Friday evening, notifying Congress about 15 minutes before releasing a public statement.

more
https://redstate.com/streiff/2024/01/06/updated-update-secdef-austin-did-not-tell-bidens-national-security-adviser-he-was-in-the-icu-n2168382
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

Who is supposed to take over if the Sec'y Defense is incapacitated??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

The circus is too big for the tent.
John Steinbeck

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
President Joe Biden did not know for days that Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin was in hospital
Mr Austin, 70, sits just below the president at the top of the chain of command of the US military and his duties require him to be available at a moment's notice to respond to any manner of national security crises.

Sunday 7 January 2024 11:13, UK

President Joe Biden and senior leaders in his administration were unaware for days that US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin had been in hospital since New Year's Day, American officials have said.

The Pentagon did not inform the White House National Security Council or top adviser Jake Sullivan of Mr Austin's hospital admission until Thursday, two administration officials told the Associated Press.

Mr Biden was only informed on Thursday evening, four days into Mr Austin's stay at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, another official told Reuters.

The 70-year-old sits just below the president at the top of the chain of command of the US military and his duties require him to be available at a moment's notice to respond to any manner of national security crises.

https://news.sky.com/story/president-joe-biden-did-not-know-for-days-that-defence-secretary-lloyd-austin-was-in-hospital-13043441
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It certainly makes me feel safer to know the information/commutations channels are so well connected. :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Have heard of Amateur Night, but this nightmare has turned into Amateur 1/3 decade.

But as we often sumise, what we are more likely watching is more like treason disguised as incompetence. No one group of people on earth can "F" up this randomly and ofen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Who is supposed to take over if the Sec'y Defense is incapacitated??
Admiral Rachel Dick Levine, maybe.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12935607/Defense-Secretary-Lloyd-Austin-not-lose-job-Pentagon-hospital-surgery-White-House-Beau-Biden-Joe.html

No one in the Pentagon or administration noticed he was out of reach?  This is worse than it first sounded, especially since Austin kept it secret.  What is he hiding? :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 03:10:44 pm by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Merged threads

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
15h
Here’s what really happened

The WH senior staff knew Austin was in the ICU but hid it from Biden. They’ve had massive fallout since October

Then, when he hit complications, it became unsustainable

Biden is livid, per WH staffer
Support the USO

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Biden is livid, per WH staffer

As any self-respecting president should be.  SecDef or his deputy is expected to be in daily personal contact with the Prez.  This is a hugh breakdown in the chain of command and could have been exploited by China, Russia, and/or Iran. 

That's going to be on Jake Sullivan's head.

UPDATE

SecDef Takes 'Full Responsibility' for Hiding Hospitalization

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2024/01/07/secdef-takes-full-responsibility-for-hiding-hospitalization-n603249
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 05:00:40 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Yashar Ali 🐘
@yashar
NEWS
Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks was not informed that the Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin had been hospitalized in intensive care when she took over his duties while she was on vacation in Puerto Rico.
Hicks only learned that Austin had been hospitalized on Thursday, four days after he had been admitted, which is when President Biden and top White House officials found out as well.
CNN: https://t.co/RFpusaIF0g
12:16 PM · Jan 7, 2024

Cruadin
@cruadin
This is incoherent: She took over Austin's duties, but had no idea why?
Please ...  How about this, how about you half-wits get your BS, ass-covering story straight before you keep trotting out ever more absurd, self-indicting nonsense as an explanation.
Too much to ask?
12:49 PM · Jan 7, 2024

Jordan Schachtel @ dossier.today
@JordanSchachtel
Sec Def Lloyd Austin will not disclose the "elective procedure" he had that ended with him in the ICU for multiple days. 
The same guy who forced all service members to get experimental gene serum injections is now very concerned about health autonomy!
8:48 AM · Jan 7, 2024

Jordan Schachtel @ dossier.today
@JordanSchachtel
Also fascinating that his deputy was on vaca in Puerto Rico when he was out of commission.
And you have the cadaver at 1600 penn who is always in another dimension.
The chain of command is a complete mystery.
9:15 AM · Jan 7, 2024

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 06:06:23 pm by mountaineer »