Author Topic: 'Humiliating': UN Appoints Trans Activist as 'Women's Champion' Drawing Fire from 17 Different Women  (Read 252 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Humiliating': UN Appoints Trans Activist as 'Women's Champion' Drawing Fire from 17 Different Women's Groups
Story by C. Douglas Golden  •
1d

It’s easy enough to joke, when a transgender man takes a title of some sort that would ordinarily belong to a woman, that men are so good at everything they even make better women.

A moment of levity might be permitted when it involves college sports or a meaningless sinecure. However, when a United Nations-affiliated charity devoted to women’s equality starts allowing men to act as its ambassador simply because they labor under the misapprehension they’re a woman and that’s good enough, it’s a little more difficult to be flippant.

In November, the Times of London reported, model Munroe Bergdorf was appointed the first “U.K. Champion” of U.N. Women U.K.

“I’m incredibly proud to step into my new role as a UN Women UK Champion,” the model said. “Working with the UN has been a personal ambition and dream of mine ever since I started working in the activism space over a decade ago. It’s a responsibility that I don’t take lightly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/humiliating-un-appoints-trans-activist-as-women-s-champion-drawing-fire-from-17-different-women-s-groups/ar-AA1mvOJ3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=43503094aba3412aba78ba7442599818&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson