Author Topic: Hunter Biden: The movie  (Read 199 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hunter Biden: The movie
« on: January 05, 2024, 01:11:05 pm »
Powerline by Scott Johnson in Hollywood, Hunter Biden 1/5/2024

When the Rathergate movie Truth was released in 2015 — with Robert Redford playing Dan Rather and Cate Blanchett playing Mary Mapes as the heroes of the story — I turned to Edward Jay Epstein for advice. Ed has devoted three books to the assassination of JFK. I asked him how he had dealt with the likes of Oliver Stone and his film JFK, in which New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison is portrayed as the hero who pierced the alleged conspiracy to kill the president.

Ed’s book Counterplot (1969) was the second of his three books on the assassination. In it he took a deep dive into Garrison’s world. Suffice it to say that Ed did not see Garrison as a hero or come to the conclusion that Garrison had pierced any conspiracy. At his site Ed has posted his 1993 Atlantic article “JFK: Oliver Stone’s Fictional Reality.” Ed had even debated Stone on the subject.

Ed, I should add, is also the author of The Hollywood Economist and The Big Picture, both on the underlying realities of the movie business. He was the man to answer my question.

Ed responded concisely: “Everything Hollywood produces is fiction, including documentaries.” I call it Epstein’s law.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/01/hunter-biden-the-movie.php