Author Topic: Chevron Tells California Why They’re Losing Jobs And Investment: Anti-Energy Policies  (Read 564 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY WSJ EDITORIAL BOARD ON JAN 3, 2024. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Chevron Tells California Why They’re Losing Jobs And Investment: Anti-Energy Policies

Congratulations to California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who is succeeding at his goal of driving away fossil fuel investment and jobs, even while failing to reduce global CO2 emissions.

See Chevron’s announcement Tuesday that it is writing down its upstream assets in the Golden State owing to “continuing regulatory challenges.” [emphasis, links added]

Chevron’s write-down acknowledges what the company has been telling California lawmakers for some time: Their energy policies are making the state uninvestable.

These include the state’s cap-and-trade program, low-carbon fuel standard, penalty on “excessive” refiner margins, and a 2022 law limiting new drilling within 3,200 feet of homes and schools.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/chevron-tells-california-why-theyre-losing-jobs-and-investment-anti-energy-policies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Chevron Tells California Why They’re Losing Jobs And Investment: Anti-Energy Policies"

California tells Chevron:
We don't care.
Leave and good riddance...