Author Topic: White House Blames Republicans for Debt Soaring over $34,000,000,000,000  (Read 243 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Blames Republicans for Debt Soaring over $34,000,000,000,000

Wendell Husebø 4 Jan 2024

The White House blamed congressional Republicans on Wednesday for the national debt surpassing $34,000,000,000,000 for the first time in the nation’s history.

The attempt to shift blame to Republicans absolves President Joe Biden’s leadership while justifying his massive spending policies throughout his 35-month tenure:

2021: $1.9 trillion coronavirus rescue package
    2021: $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill
    2022: $12 billion in Ukraine aid
    2022: $3 billion for facilitating Afghan refugees to the United States

Though Biden signed the massive spending bills into law, many of the bills were supported by Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who pushed fellow Republicans to vote for the infrastructure, Ukraine, and Afghan bills.

“If you think about it, Republican tax cuts are responsible [for] about 90 percent of it — of the increase in the debt as a share of the economy over the last two decades, excluding emergency spending,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre replied during a press briefing when asked about the record high debt.

“What they’ve [Republicans] tried to do is continue to give a tax break to the millionaires and the billionaires and that — what they have actually put forward would add more than $3 trillion to the debt,” Jean-Pierre continued. “So that’s what that data shows us.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/04/white-house-blames-republicans-for-debt-soaring-over-34000000000000/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: White House Blames Republicans for Debt Soaring over $34,000,000,000,000
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 04:50:44 pm »
We have $34 trillion in debt because neither party has any interest in doing anything to address it. Although the Republican party is not blameless, for this administration to straight face look at the American people and say it’s all the blame of Republicans is an insult to peoples intelligence

And neither of the top two candidates going into 2024 not only have no interest in addressing it, but are proposing to accelerate the increase to the “woot, woot” and fist pumping in the air of their supporters
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 04:54:56 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Re: White House Blames Republicans for Debt Soaring over $34,000,000,000,000
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 08:16:48 pm »
And as much as both Trump and Biden and their supporters want to hide from this issue, it isn’t going to go away so easily
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy