Author Topic: U.S. Warns of Potential Military Action Against Houthis  (Read 536 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Warns of Potential Military Action Against Houthis
« on: January 04, 2024, 02:36:26 pm »
U.S. Warns of Potential Military Action Against Houthis
.By Zeke Miller & Aamer Madhani

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States and 12 allies issued what amounted to a final warning to Houthi rebels on Wednesday to cease their attacks on vessels in the Red Sea or face potential targeted military action.

The Yemen-based militants have carried out at least 23 attacks in response to the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza since Dec. 19.

A senior Biden administration official declined to detail rules of possible engagement if the attacks continue, but underscored that the Iranian-backed Houthis should “not anticipate another warning” from the U.S. and its allies.

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity under ground rules set by the White House, spoke soon after the countries issued a joint statement earlier Wednesday condemning the attacks and underscoring that international patience was strained.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/01/04/us_warns_of_potential_military_action_against_houthis_1002748.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: U.S. Warns of Potential Military Action Against Houthis
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 07:34:26 pm »
Why warn them?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 07:37:32 pm »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender

The United States, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United Kingdom released a Joint-Statement today in what is now seen as a “Final Warning” to the Houthi Terrorist Group in Yemen; that if they do not Immediately Halt their Attacks on Commercial Shipping in the Red Sea and their Unlawfully Detaining of Vessels alongside their Crews, then they will Bear the Responsibility and Consequences of their Actions.

12:04 AM · Jan 4, 2024

Source:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/01/03/a-joint-statement-from-the-governments-of-the-united-states-australia-bahrain-belgium-canada-denmark-germany-italy-japan-netherlands-new-zealand-and-the-united-kingdom/?utm_source=twitter

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 10:47:34 pm »
Sounds like a very "sternly worded" letter to me...!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2024, 08:59:54 am »
Sounds like a very "sternly worded" letter to me...!
GMTA...

A warning of an impending 'sternly worded letter', at that!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis