Author Topic: Flight recorder found as Pentagon investigates deadly Osprey crash  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Flight recorder found as Pentagon investigates deadly Osprey crash
Military’s entire fleet of V-22s remains grounded.
AUDREY DECKER | JANUARY 3, 2024 05:24 PM ET
AIR FORCE MARINE CORPS NAVY

Crews have found the black box from the U.S. Air Force CV-22 that crashed off the shore of Yakushima, Japan, and killed eight airmen on board, an official said.

The Pentagon grounded its entire fleet of Ospreys a week after the Nov. 29 crash. The fleet remains grounded and the body of the eighth airman on board has yet to be found, according to Air Force Special Operations Command spokesperson Lt. Col. Rebecca Heyse.

“Critical equipment identified by investigation officials has been recovered, including the Voice and Data Recorder, often called the black box. The equipment will be transported to laboratories for data retrieval with follow analysis of the data at AFSOC. We expect the analysis process to take several weeks,” Heyse said.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2024/01/flight-recorder-found-pentagon-investigates-deadly-osprey-crash/393097/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Flight recorder found as Pentagon investigates deadly Osprey crash
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 02:34:08 pm »
The military must have known from the beginning the Osprey was a hearse waiting to happen.  Why else would they have not approved it for the president? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson