Author Topic: Joe Biden Should Stop Treating American Soldiers as Targets  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden Should Stop Treating American Soldiers as Targets
« on: January 04, 2024, 02:27:26 pm »
January 2, 2024 

Joe Biden Should Stop Treating American Soldiers as Targets

U.S. security is not served by promiscuous intervention and endless war. Instead, America is best served by avoiding involvement in conflicts of little importance to the United States.

by Doug Bandow 

Afew days ago, the military airlifted a service member from Erbil Air Base in Iraq to Germany for medical treatment. In critical but stable condition, yet another American was seriously injured by hostile Iraqi militias. The Biden administration responded with a strike on Kataib Hezbollah and “affiliated groups,” according to the U.S. Central Command, killing several “militants.” However, the Iraqi government, a nominal U.S. ally, criticized the response, which Baghdad said injured eighteen people, including civilians.

Attacks, with mortars, drones, or missiles, on Americans at bases in Iraq and Syria, as well as the embassy in Iraq, have become routine—more than 100 since October 17, causing scores of injuries. “The President places no higher priority than the protection of American personnel serving in harm’s way,” insisted National Security Council spokeswoman Adrienne Watson. Alas, this claim is evident nonsense since U.S. service members continue to be injured in Iraq and Syria without clear strategic objectives.

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/joe-biden-should-stop-treating-american-soldiers-targets-208304
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson