Author Topic: Damned if You Do, Damned if You Don’t: Merrick Garland, Special Counsels and the Biden Family  (Read 233 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Damned if You Do, Damned if You Don’t: Merrick Garland, Special Counsels and the Biden Family
Opinion by Anthony Coley
 •
21h

Every attorney general faces a moment when he must stand on principle and the rule of law or bow to the political whims of the moment. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, so might as well do the right thing, is how the nation’s first female attorney general, Janet Reno, described it.

Now, one of Reno’s top aides and successors, Merrick Garland, is emulating her apolitical approach as attorney general, including with his appointment of two special counsels to independently investigate President Joe Biden and his son Hunter. The White House should highlight these appointments as proof of the president’s commitment to the rule of law — not undermine them as it has done in recent weeks.

It was nearly one year ago on Jan. 12, 2023, when Garland appointed former U.S. Attorney Robert Hur to investigate how classified documents ended up at the Biden Penn Center and at the president’s personal residence, including in his garage. Against the backdrop of former President Trump’s indictment on charges of willful and deliberate retention of classified documents, the Biden team’s drip, drip, drip of information made the discoveries seem even worse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don-t-merrick-garland-special-counsels-and-the-biden-family/ar-AA1mpcDo?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a1dbd771decf4d0cb80f841ed78dc449&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Garland was a perfect choice for Pedo Joe's AG.  He's had an ultimate chip on his shoulder toward the GOP and Conservatives since he thinks they slighted him for his life time SCOTUS seat in '16.  He's been a one man Vendetta Machine ever since.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.