Author Topic: How Major University Discriminated Against White And Asian Candidates  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

How Major University Discriminated Against White And Asian Candidates
Story by Sean O'Driscoll  •
1h

The University of Washington has revealed that "an internal whistleblower" exposed discrimination against white and Asian job candidates in its psychology faculty.

An internal report found that a third-placed job applicant, who was Black, was given a tenure-track assistant professor job last April, above white and Asian candidates who were ranked higher in the selection process.

Other violations included excluding white staff from meetings with job candidates, deleting a passage from a hiring report to hide discrimination, and discussing ways to "think our way around" a Supreme Court ruling that barred affirmative action in colleges.

A UW spokeswoman told Newsweek on Thursday that the case was exposed when "the dean of the College of Arts & Sciences, responding to an internal whistleblower, requested an internal review of this process by what was then called UCIRO (University Complaints, Investigation and Resolution Office) and is now the Civil Rights Investigation Office."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-major-university-discriminated-against-white-and-asian-candidates/ar-AA1mrZUk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a1dbd771decf4d0cb80f841ed78dc449&ei=35
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson