Author Topic: Associated Press Stealth-Edits Claim ‘White Colonists’ Scalped Native Americans  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Associated Press Stealth-Edits Claim ‘White Colonists’ Scalped Native Americans

Kristina Wong 3 Jan 2024

The Associated Press, in an article on Wednesday, not only claimed conservatives were responsible for Harvard President Claudine Gay’s resignation after she was found to have plagiarized her academic work almost 50 times, but it also claimed that “white colonists” practiced scalping on Native Americans — a claim it stealth-edited later.

The article, when it first published, said that conservative activist Christopher Rufo, who had looked into Gay’s plagiarism, celebrated Gay’s resignation by posting on X, “SCALPED” — a term often colloquially used by journalists when their reporting leads to someone’s resignation or firing.

However, the AP wrote that Rufo used the word to insinuate that Gay was a “trophy of violence” and was “invoking a gruesome practice taken up by white colonists who sought to eradicate Native Americans.”

https://twitter.com/McCormackJohn/status/1742514659553317133

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/03/associated-press-stealth-edits-claim-white-colonists-scalped-native-americans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I've got a subscription to Newspapers.com, that has a lot of interesting 18th century early America accounts of colonist-Indian warfare.

Believe me, the opposite is true.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, what if they did?  Scalping was a common practice back then among many different peoples of many different nations.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

I don't understand. Is the Associated Press denying that the "natives" scalped other natives, as well as the white settlers?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org