Author Topic: ExxonMobil hands over operations at West Qurna 1 oilfield to PetroChina  (Read 474 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/exxonmobil-hands-over-operations-at-west-qurna-1-oilfield-to-petrochina/ar-AA1mjmVm

<snipit>

WEST QURNA 1 OILFIELD, Iraq, Jan 1 (Reuters) - U.S. energy giant ExxonMobil Corp has formally exited the West Qurna 1 oilfield in southern Iraq and handed over its operations to PetroChina as a lead contractor, a deputy oil minister told Reuters on Monday.

Senior Iraqi oil officials met with executives from ExxonMobil, PetroChina and Basra Oil Co on Monday at the West Qurna 1 field near Basra to mark Exxon's complete exit and the handover of its operations to PetroChina.
=================================================================================

Pretty sure this finally and totally completes the U.S. Oil industry exit from Iraq.  And the embarassment that all that lost lives, capital, rebuilding, and trouble is now in the hands of the Chicoms and their interests.  Trillions were spent here, and for what?  As am American and and an Oil Company annuitant, this really hurts, and a massive example of the mismanagment by leadership.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: ExxonMobil hands over operations at West Qurna 1 oilfield to PetroChina
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 03:51:49 pm »
Not getting too much press, but Big Oil is in the process of doing massive divestiture in CA as we speak  You poor folks in CA, haven't seen anything yet on gas prices, as part of dim attack on hydrocarbons. XOM and CVX .....leading the charge.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/exxon-mobil-to-take-write-down-of-as-much-as-2-6-billion-on-california-assets-1ee03750
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 03:54:02 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 04:27:09 pm »
Not getting too much press, but Big Oil is in the process of doing massive divestiture in CA as we speak  You poor folks in CA, haven't seen anything yet on gas prices, as part of dim attack on hydrocarbons. XOM and CVX .....leading the charge.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/exxon-mobil-to-take-write-down-of-as-much-as-2-6-billion-on-california-assets-1ee03750
I have come to believe the biggest cause of increased gas prices in California are due to my fellow moron residents voting the taxes up.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 04:38:12 pm »
I have come to believe the biggest cause of increased gas prices in California are due to my fellow moron residents voting the taxes up.

That and the regulatory burden applied to anything industrial in that state.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 05:17:43 pm »
So, the 2nd Iraq War was blood for oil ... American blood for Chi-com oil.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.