Author Topic: New radars and missile interceptors on schedule for Army air defense  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New radars and missile interceptors on schedule for Army air defense
By Todd South
 Jan 2, 09:47 AM

New radars and interceptors are headed to soldiers for testing in 2024 as the Army seeks to upgrade its air defense capabilities.

After decades of relying on limited short-range air defense and Patriot batteries with technology dating to the early 1980s, the Army has pushed resources into new systems to defeat the growing threat of enemy missiles and drones.

Defense News reported in November that the radar set to replace the current Patriot radar system defeated a cruise missile threat in a test.

The Lower Tier Air and Missile Defense Sensor, or LTAMDS, can detect and defeat ballistic missiles and other threats from all directions. That’s an improvement on sectioned radars of the past, which could leave uncovered gaps.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2024/01/02/new-radars-and-missile-interceptors-on-schedule-for-army-air-defense/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New radars and missile interceptors on schedule for Army air defense
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 04:50:30 pm »
I assume they're making a supply of parts while they're at it? :shrug:  Not likely. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson