Author Topic: Every time an Illegal gets hurt, it’s a $30,000 helicopter ride from Taxpayers.  (Read 326 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Zero Hedge by Tyler Durden 1/2/2024

California Hospitals Slammed As Illegal Immigration Costs Soar

Some hospitals in Southern California are struggling with an influx of illegal immigrants amid the border crisis, while American patients are enduring longer wait times for doctor appointments due to a nursing shortage in the state, according to two health care professionals.

A health care worker at a hospital in Southern California, who asked not to be named for fear of losing her job, told The Epoch Times that “the entire health care system is just being bombarded” by a steady stream of illegal migrants in recent years.

Some migrants get hurt crossing the desert or injured climbing the border wall, while others are injured in accidents, especially when too many occupants are packed into one vehicle, said the health care worker.

Severely injured illegal migrants are often rescued by helicopter and flown to trauma centers in Southern California, she said.

“They’re falling off the wall,” she said. “They’re always flown. They’re never put in the back of an ambulance.”

With a typical helicopter rescue costing around $30,000, without factoring in the costs of medication and medical staff at the hospitals, “who pays for that?” she asked.

“Our health care system is so overwhelmed, and then add on top of that tuberculosis, COVID-19, and other diseases from all over the world,” she said.

Total U.S. apprehensions of illegal and inadmissible aliens in fiscal year 2023—from Oct. 1, 2022, to Sept. 30, 2023—were 3.2 million. In fiscal year 2022, it was more than 2.7 million. Counting “known gotaways”—those who Border Patrol agents record but don’t catch—more than 8 million illegal immigrants have entered the country in less than three years under the Biden administration.

More: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/california-hospitals-slammed-illegal-immigration-costs-soar

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Haul them in in a pickup truck, in the back.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
You have to admit, California makes for a scenic helicopter ride.  *****rollingeyes*****

I've never had a helicopter ride. The most scenic aircraft flight for me, was when I hiked across the Grand Canyon, and then rode back to get my truck, at sunset, in a low flying 6 passenger Cessna.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You have to admit, California makes for a scenic helicopter ride.  *****rollingeyes*****
Not strapped into a spine board facing up... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis