Author Topic: Police find cartel camp during search for missing rancher  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Police find cartel camp during search for missing rancher
« on: January 03, 2024, 10:49:25 am »
Police find cartel camp during search for missing rancher
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Dec 27, 2023 / 05:46 PM CST

Updated: Dec 27, 2023 / 05:46 PM CST

Criminal activity plagues western Chihuahua countryside, where La Linea, Sinaloa cartels vie for control

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Police in Mexico looking for a rancher missing in western Chihuahua were unable to find him during a recent sweep near the mountain town of Madera. They did, however, find an abandoned camp they believe was being used by a drug cartel.

The search took place over a period of several hours on Dec. 20. It included dozens of state police officers, soldiers and members of the Mexican National Guard. They were intent on finding Armando Olivas Almanza, a 56-year-old rancher from Madera missing since Dec. 5.

Family members told police he left his residence in a grey Ford Lobo pickup towing a horse trailer to a nearby ranch called El Manzano. He was wearing work attire including jeans and boots.

https://www.borderreport.com/regions/mexico/police-find-cartel-camp-during-search-for-missing-rancher/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson