Author Topic: Democrat Mayor Responds To Dismall Crime Statistics With Touting Of Government Spending: ‘It Require  (Read 233 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrat Mayor Responds To Dismall Crime Statistics With Touting Of Government Spending: ‘It Requires Investments’
© Provided by State Of The Union

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson discussed the city’s crime rates, stating that while homicides and shootings have decreased, other forms of violent crime have increased.

He emphasized the need for government involvement and highlighted investments in addressing root causes of violence, including funds for homelessness, violence prevention, youth employment, re-entry programs for the formerly incarcerated, restoration, and reparations.

The mayor stressed the importance of these investments in building a better and safer Chicago. (Trending: Could Taylor Swift Save Biden In 2024?)

“I do want to ask you about crime in Chicago, just poring through the latest data from the Chicago Police Department, the murder rate is down from 2022, but all other forms of violent crime, Mr. Mayor, are up from a year ago, up 17% overall,” began CNN’s Poppy Harlow.

She then asked Mayor Johnston, “Are Chicagoans going to be safer in 2024?”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/democrat-mayor-responds-to-dismall-crime-statistics-with-touting-of-government-spending-it-requires-investments/ar-AA1mnEix?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=fd321b108d314fc9ac73b22f4818f9d2&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The answer for Chicago is obvious, get rid of the existing police force and make illegal aliens the new police force.  Either that or just get rid of police altogether. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson