Author Topic: Bill Johnson to resign earlier than expected to become president of Youngstown State University  (Read 628 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Johnson to resign earlier than expected to become president of Youngstown State University
by Samantha-Jo Roth, Congressional Reporter
January 02, 2024 03:41 PM

Rep. Bill Johnson (R-OH) submitted his resignation letter on Tuesday to the U.S. House of Representatives, announcing that his term will end on Jan. 21, earlier than anticipated, to take his position as president of Youngstown State University.

Johnson was expected to start his new job on March 15, but the congressman will be leaving the House earlier, according to a message sent out by Michael Peterson, chairman of the YSU Board of Trustees.

“With his contract indicating he would start prior to March 15, 2024, we are excited to have him on campus earlier than anticipated,” Peterson wrote. “In the meantime, Bill will continue to visit campus as often as his schedule allows to continue meeting with students, faculty and staff.”

Johnson announced his decision to leave the House in late November but emphasized he still had several priorities he wanted to accomplish in a post on X, formerly Twitter.

"There is still much left on my agenda to do before I depart Congress, including doing all I can to help pass tax exemption legislation to benefit the people of East Palestine as well as a broader rail safety bill, streamline America’s LNG export process, and advance a responsible budget and spending package for the remainder of this fiscal year. It’s business as usual," he added.

Johnson’s early exit will decrease House Republicans’ already small margin to 219-213. Johnson will assume his post at the university on Jan. 22.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/bill-johnson-house-jan-21-youngstown-state-university-post
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 09:40:50 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I've seen there is (has) been a mysterious amount of rats jumping the ship of late.  Bothers me that many of them might know something that we don't, and migjt want to avoid ropes and street lamps.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I've seen there is (has) been a mysterious amount of rats jumping the ship of late.  Bothers me that many of them might know something that we don't, and migjt want to avoid ropes and street lamps.

The truth is the House is so dysfunctional it doesn't make a damn bit of difference anyway.  Nothing close to a consensus even among the GOP caucus.

Offline mountaineer

I'm disappointed in Rep. Johnson. This guy has been a fairly reliable conservative for the past few years. Of course, the lefties are apoplectic. How dare a conservative become a college president!! College presidents are supposed to be leftists!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm disappointed in Rep. Johnson. This guy has been a fairly reliable conservative for the past few years. Of course, the lefties are apoplectic. How dare a conservative become a college president!! College presidents are supposed to be leftists!

He may be able to do more good at Youngstown St than he could ever do in the House.  The place (The House) is a stinking shithole that can never be drained. Congress's motto is "Don't get hosed somewhere else!"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Great.  Another Vacancy.  Will we return to a Rat House before the General Election?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wonders:
"Great.  Another Vacancy.  Will we return to a Rat House before the General Election?"

The Republicans might just "resign themselves out of a majority" before the election.
Quite an accomplishment -- one for the political history books.

Hmmm...

Was it really such a good idea to get rid of George Santos when they did...?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Cyber wonders:
"Great.  Another Vacancy.  Will we return to a Rat House before the General Election?"

The Republicans might just "resign themselves out of a majority" before the election.
Quite an accomplishment -- one for the political history books.

Hmmm...

Was it really such a good idea to get rid of George Santos when they did...?

Was it really such a good idea to get rid of McCarthy when they did?  Someone want to list the tangible benefits from that move?   I've got nothing against getting rid of the guy, but getting rid of him in the middle of a House session without having an agreed-upon plan for turning that into a positive was just dumb.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Was it really such a good idea to get rid of McCarthy when they did?  Someone want to list the tangible benefits from that move?   I've got nothing against getting rid of the guy, but getting rid of him in the middle of a House session without having an agreed-upon plan for turning that into a positive was just dumb.
One word...republicans

Offline Hoodat

Was it really such a good idea to get rid of McCarthy when they did?

Nope.  They should have gotten rid of him nine months earlier.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-