Author Topic: What are you watching now?...2024  (Read 9252 times)

Offline corbe

What are you watching now?...2024
« on: January 01, 2024, 05:28:50 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: What are you watching now?...2024
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 07:59:24 pm »
In memory of David Soul...

World War III ( TV Movie 1982)

https://archive.org/details/WorldWarIIITVMovie1982
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 10:42:12 pm »
This weekend:
"Question 7", a 1961 West German anti-communist film...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 10:43:38 pm »
I just got done with Earth: Final Conflict. Looking for something else.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 05:14:48 pm »
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 02:00:21 am »
Reacher season 2. No woke, no ________ given.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 02:20:48 am »
Just started on Reacher 2, myself.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 02:38:29 am »
Babylon 5 - original from early 90s on ROKU channel streaming

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 02:56:15 pm »
Babylon 5 - original from early 90s on ROKU channel streaming

Favorite sci-fi series ever.
The Republic is lost.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 09:19:37 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 09:35:00 pm »

I like the 2k version better.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 09:42:42 pm »

The series basically ends at season 4 episode 6 with the defeat of Za'ha'dum. The rest of 4 and season 5 seems like they are forcing it, trying to find a direction. Then they transition to a B5 vs. President Clark and Earth show. Good show though, but not the same as the earlier seasons.

Was surprise to see a very young Bryan Cranston (Walter White) in one of the episodes.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2024, 10:50:23 pm »
Cranford on Roku (don't know how many times now I have watched this series). Never fails to impress.

Finished Reacher series... It was ok, but the lines just seem so rushed at times.... Punchlines that would of hit harder with just a slight pause before delivery.

Reacher season one was the superior offering.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2024, 11:18:41 pm »
I like the 2k version better.

Refresh me. Either I've never heard of it or have forgotten about it. I'd love to watch more of that series.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 11:27:09 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2024, 11:25:19 pm »
This past weekend watched "The Silent Revolution" (2018), a German film about a high school class in East Berlin that "rebels" against the communists by observing a minute of silence in support of the Hungarian uprising in 1956. Based on a true story.

Pretty good, although the particular set of subtitles that came with it were poor. There may be alternative subtitle files "out there".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silent_Revolution_(2018_film)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 12:50:05 am »
Refresh me. Either I've never heard of it or have forgotten about it. I'd love to watch more of that series.

Woops! my bad... I was thinking of Battlestar Galactica. I like the remake better than the original, outside of that they made Starbuck a chick... Though she plays it well.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 01:32:48 am »
Woops! my bad... I was thinking of Battlestar Galactica. I like the remake better than the original, outside of that they made Starbuck a chick... Though she plays it well.

Excellent series too. Love Katie Sackhoff in that, loved her in Longmire. Not your typical actress.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 02:44:29 am »
Excellent series too. Love Katie Sackhoff in that, loved her in Longmire. Not your typical actress.
Yeah... REALLY loved her in Longmire, which was a stretch for her, I thought... Sci-fi was kinda her bag all the way along.

Getting pretty close to my annual Longmire binge... you may have started something...  happy77

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2024, 01:27:40 am »
Watching 'Northern Exposure' on Amz Prime. I enjoy the shows but, it has to be the most pretentious TV series I have ever seen. Tons of preachy sermons about life the universe and everything. Tons of references to classical literature, Greek mythology, poets, philosophers, and classical music.

Every show is some kind of deep philosophical lesson. Every character is a quirky free thinking hippy, all with some unique hidden talent and untapped profound knowledge of something or other. The show is obsessed with Native American culture and religion, all portrayed as ethereal, magical, and enlightened.

All those weird "dream" fake outs are driving me crazy. Oh, it was just a dream ... again ... and again ...

The show frequently goes 'over the top' with esoteric references to food, wine, philosophy, and literature.

For example, they focus on some roughneck living in a shack in the woods. What is he having for dinner? Try, "rôti de bœuf et pommes de terre au paprika doux espagnol et asperges blanches". With Chateau Latour for wine. I'm just rolling eyes. Come on man, give it a break already.

Distant hallow woodwind music automatically means some mystical magical Native American epiphany is being presented. And they do it ALL THE TIME. If I hear that crap one more time, I am going to puke.

Ok, that's it.
The doctor character Joel Fleishman the star of the show, is a bully and punk. Thoroughly unlikeable person.
The Minnifield character (Mr. Burns) is a millionaire bully and punk.
The Ed character is a thoroughly unreliable special needs character who betrays every trust and bombs every job he is given.
The Chris character is a sleazy hippy I would never get involved with.
Weird show.

The show essentially ends Season 5 episode 24 when Joel the doctor leaves. From that point to the end of Season 6, it is mostly just fantasies, dreams, hallucinations, and what they call "visions".

It is an entertaining show, once you dismiss all the smug lessons and subtexts. I saw a few of the episodes when it aired in the early 90s, but I was way too busy at the time to watch TV.

Now, I have all the time in the world. Why not waste some of it to catch up on a memory.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 07:01:14 pm by 240B »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2024, 08:21:02 pm »
Stumbled across this interesting alternative history series, the premise of which is that the Soviets won the race to the moon and the Cold War continued there.

For All Mankind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_All_Mankind_(TV_series)

https://tv.apple.com/us/show/for-all-mankind/umc.cmc.6wsi780sz5tdbqcf11k76mkp7
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2024, 02:05:01 am »
History... American Heritage 10 disk ....

Friend loaned it to me and I made copies (MKV are huge files, so will have to burn to a few DVDs)...

Can watch on the Tube... @sneakypete might want to skip it, it talks about real history (breakup from Britain was only slightly due to "taxation without representation".) That was only reason 27 out of 30 something mentioned (and way far down the list).

Can be found on Youtube, but for some reason it will not let me embed the video here, almost like YouTube doesn't want it seen but can't seem to ban the video without looking bad.

Use these keywords on YouTube search: American Heritage Episode 1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 02:46:18 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2024, 04:02:04 am »
Dune II - Preview.  Can't wait to see it.  Almost $200 million spent on this.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2024, 09:48:20 am »
With our government finally admitting to aliens from another planet here, I broke down and decided to watch the TV show Roswell.  Interesting story.

I have long believed there has to be other life forms in the universe.  As advanced as humans are beyond an ameba, is it not possible there is a life form that many times more advanced than the human being?  I say yes.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2024, 11:00:33 pm »
Last weekend, watched the Australian re-make of "On The Beach".

I thought it departed too much from the novel (which I had only read a few weeks' back), and the American captain of the sub did not behave as one would expect an actual captain to do).

The original from from 1959 with Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner and Fred Astaire was better.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2024, 11:16:03 pm »
Watched "Joker" last night. Good flick.