Author Topic: What will Franchetti mean for the fleet?  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What will Franchetti mean for the fleet?
« on: January 01, 2024, 02:46:59 pm »
What will Franchetti mean for the fleet?
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Dec 28, 2023

Adm. Lisa Franchetti was confirmed in November as the Navy’s next chief of naval operations following a monthslong congressional blockade that kept the service’s first female leader from taking the top job.

For many, work slows as the winter holidays draw near. Not so for Franchetti, who has already begun visiting sailors around the world and spent Thanksgiving aboard the deployed aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan.

Jan. 1 will launch Franchetti’s first full year in office. Her stated priorities have so far aligned with those of the Navy’s previous top officers: The fleet must be ready to fight at a moment’s notice, and sailors and their families must be taken care of.

Franchetti spoke with Navy Times in December about how combat ship exclusion laws impacted young women like her decades ago, and how the service’s culture has changed since then. She has also spoken out on social media about how suicide has affected her family.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/12/28/new-in-2024-what-will-franchetti-mean-for-the-fleet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: What will Franchetti mean for the fleet?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 02:48:48 pm »
The way things go in this day and age, she'll will probably be better for the Navy than all her male predecessors although I have serious reservations about anyone nominated by Biden. ****sheep****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson