Author Topic: Philadelphia Blocks ‘Medical Deportations’ With a Priceless Prescription  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Philadelphia Blocks ‘Medical Deportations’ With a Priceless Prescription
December 28, 2023

Philadelphia this month became the first U.S. city to ban so-called medical deportations that send ailing illegal aliens back to their native countries to receive long-term care. The law will require hospitals to keep migrants needing medical attention in the city of Brotherly Love.

In addition, the law requires hospitals to explore a patient’s eligibility for emergency health insurance and to produce a written report explaining why removal to another country is appropriate. Complaints against a hospital will trigger a Health Department investigation.

“This is going to be something good, not only for the community here in Philadelphia, and in the name of every immigrant here in Philadelphia, but in all the United States,” said Claudia Martinez, the niece of a Guatemalan man, known only as A.V., who suffered a serious brain injury when he was struck by a motorcycle in May 2020.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/12/28/philadelphia-blocks-medical-deportations-priceless-prescription
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The great patriots who once called Philthydephia home must be sobbing in their graves at this.  I hope the residents are ready, and able, to pony up the money it will cost them. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson