Author Topic: Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #581  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #581
« on: January 01, 2024, 11:08:02 am »
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #581
1 hour ago Charles Rotter No Comments
The Week That Was: 2023-12-30 (December 30, 2023)
Brought to You by SEPP (www.SEPP.org)
The Science and Environmental Policy Project
Quote of the Week: “The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way.” – Bertrand Russell, “An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish”

Number of the Week:Zero for storage or backup

THIS WEEK:

By Ken Haapala, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)

Scope: Physical science advances in several ways. One major type of advance is by improvements in understanding nature, A second type is dispelling false concepts with physical evidence. This TWTW will focus on what may be the most significant improvements in understanding the role of greenhouse gases in influencing temperatures covered in TWTW in 2023. Advances in dispelling false concepts will come in January.

In addition, TWTW will discuss a recent paper by Ross McKitrick demonstrating what statistical experts and econometricians have long known – certain types of statistical techniques can produce biased results including one now fashionable in the climate community.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/01/01/weekly-climate-and-energy-news-roundup-581/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson