Author Topic: Jack Smith argues Trump's immunity defense could allow president to murder, sell nuclear secrets  (Read 306 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jack Smith argues Trump's immunity defense could allow president to murder, sell nuclear secrets

Trump's arguments mean that a president would be immune from prosecution for all criminal charges so long as the commander-in-chief argued they were done in an official capacity, Smith said.
By Madeleine Hubbard

Trump's arguments mean that a president would be immune from prosecution for all criminal charges so long as the commander-in-chief argued they were done in an official capacity, Smith said.

Allowing former President Donald Trump to use the presidential immunity defense could pave the way for a president to claim immunity from numerous charges such as murder and the sale of nuclear secrets so long as it was done under the claim of official activities, according to special counsel Jack Smith.

Trump has argued that he is immune from criminal prosecution for activities that fall under his official presidential responsibilities, but Smith's office, which charged Trump with allegedly attempting to overturn the 2020 election in his favor, vehemently denied such claims in an 82-page court filing Saturday.

Trump's "approach would grant immunity from criminal prosecution to a President who accepts a bribe in exchange for directing a lucrative government contract to the payer; a President who instructs the FBI Director to plant incriminating evidence on a political enemy; a President who orders the National Guard to murder his most prominent critics; or a President who sells nuclear secrets to a foreign adversary," Smith argued.

Prosecutors said that in all of those examples, "the President could assert that he was simply executing the laws," and thus be immune from prosecution.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/jack-smith-argues-trumps-immunity-defense-could-allow-president-murder-sell?utm_source=mux&utm_medium=social
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Yeah, pretty much, Trump is claiming the Divine Right of Kings to do whatever he wants.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.