Author Topic: From crop duster to war machine: The unlikely journey of US special forces' favored OA-1K Sky Warde  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 From crop duster to war machine: The unlikely journey of US special forces' favored OA-1K Sky Warden
Story by ŁMI  •
1d

The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) calls for special forces to slow down their OA-1K Sky Warden aircraft acquisition. American experts have the ambition to purchase 75 of these machines, much to the dismay of accountants who question the necessity for such a large quantity.

Interestingly, the OA-1K Sky Warden started as an agricultural aircraft, which, after modifications, was used to decimate coca crops in Latin America and for field fertilization.

Using the reliable agricultural machine for its robust construction and short take-off and landing distance, Air Tractor and L3Harris developed a specialized combat aircraft: a heavily armored close-support machine, essentially a modern version of World War II attack aircraft, akin to the renowned IL-2.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/from-crop-duster-to-war-machine-the-unlikely-journey-of-us-special-forces-favored-oa-1k-sky-warden/ar-AA1mgxrF
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson