Author Topic: Ronald Reagan's plans to play the field after divorce from first wife were thwarted when Nancy told  (Read 881 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVERonald Reagan's plans to play the field after divorce from first wife were thwarted when Nancy told him she was PREGNANT, daughter Patti Davis reveals in new memoir

Ronald and Nancy Reagan's daughter Patti Davis, 71, reveals in a new memoir her mother's out-of-wedlock pregnancy was the secret reason for her parents' union
    After divorcing his first wife, actress Jane Wyman, Reagan was happy playing the field 'and was not exactly anxious to get married again,' writes Davis
    'Dear Mom and Dad: A Letter About Family, Memory, and the America We Once Knew,' is out of February 6

By Caroline Howe For Dailymail.com

Published: 06:59 EST, 30 December 2023 | Updated: 07:57 EST, 30 December 2023

Nancy Reagan convinced the future president, Ronald Reagan, to marry her after getting pregnant by him in 1952, their first-born, Patti Davis, reveals in a new memoir.

'I tend to doubt that getting pregnant was a result of carelessness,' writes Davis in her new book, 'Dear Mom and Dad: A Letter About Family, Memory, and the America We Once Knew,' which is out of February 6.

Davis, now 71, who had a life-long rocky relationship with her mother, asserts that Nancy's out-of-wedlock pregnancy carrying Patti, was the secret reason for her parents' union.

Nancy, unsuccessful as an actress, was one of the women then Hollywood star Reagan was dating after his divorce from his first wife, the Academy Award winner Jane Wyman. During their nine-year marriage, Wyman had two children, Michael and Maureen, and a third, Christine, who died shortly after birth.

According to Patti's account, her father and Wyman had 'made a pact' that he wouldn't remarry before she did.

The future two-term commander-in-chief was happy playing the field 'and was not exactly anxious to get married again', writes Davis.

But it was a dinner date with Ronnie at the Hollywood celebrity restaurant Chasen's where Nancy dropped the shocker that she was two months pregnant.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12882367/Ronald-Reagan-Nancy-convinced-marry-revealing-pregnancy-Patti-Davis.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Maybe things would have turned out differently for Patti if this had happened after Roe.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maybe things would have turned out differently for Patti if this had happened after Roe.

And her gay brother, whatshisname.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

I’ve never been a fan of people who come out with memoirs attacking somebody who is not around anymore to defend themselves
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy