Author Topic: Another Mideast War Beckons America  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another Mideast War Beckons America
« on: December 30, 2023, 03:31:19 pm »
Another Mideast War Beckons America
Joe Biden is dangerously close to letting Gaza and Yemen spiral into a major global conflict.

Doug Bandow
Dec 28, 2023
12:03 AM

President Biden can’t seem to help himself. His administration is veering toward another war, this one against Yemen’s Houthis, who have been attacking ships in the Red Sea bound for or related to Israel in retaliation for the latter’s brutal assault on Gaza. The longer Palestinian civilians are being killed by Israel, the greater the likelihood that the ongoing naval conflict will expand.

However, Washington has been indirectly fighting the Yemeni insurgents for more than eight years. In 2015, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates invaded their impoverished neighbor, joining a struggle the roots of which ran back a decade or more. They wanted to restore a friendly regime ousted by the previous president, Ali Abdullah Saleh, in league with Ansar Allah, a Shia movement also known as the Houthis.

The war heralded the rise of soon-to-be Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, later infamous for murdering and dismembering critical journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The KSA and UAE employed Sudanese to do much of the dirty work on the ground, but later had a falling out over objectives in Yemen. The overconfident MbS, as the de facto Saudi leader is known, expected the conflict to last just a few weeks.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/another-mideast-war-beckons-america/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Another Mideast War Beckons America
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 03:32:18 pm »
Is it drawing the US in or is Biden nudging the US in? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson