Author Topic: Illegal Immigrants With Anchor Babies Using Up More Welfare Than American Citizens: Report  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal Immigrants With Anchor Babies Using Up More Welfare Than American Citizens: Report

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, DEC 28, 2023 - 11:20 AM
Authored by Naveen Athrappully via The Epoch Times,

Households that are headed by illegal immigrants and have U.S.-born children are more likely to use welfare than are homes led by U.S.-born individuals, according to a recent report by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS).

At least 59.4 percent of illegal immigrant-led homes use one or more welfare programs, compared with 39 percent of households headed by people born in the United States, according to the Dec. 19 report.

High rates of welfare use among illegal immigrants “primarily reflect their generally lower education levels and their resulting low-incomes, coupled with the large share who have U.S.-born children who are eligible for all welfare programs from birth,” the report reads.

“More than half of all illegal immigrant households have one or more U.S.-born children.”

Children born to illegal immigrants in the United States, also known as "anchor babies,' are considered to have automatic birthright citizenship even though the U.S. Supreme Court hasn't explicitly ruled on the matter. Illegal immigrants can't access most welfare programs, a restriction that eases for their children who are born in the country.

“The American welfare system is designed in large part to help low-income families with children, which describes a large share of immigrants,” CIS states in the report.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/illegal-immigrants-anchor-babies-using-more-welfare-american-citizens-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson