Author Topic: DC business owner warns of 'out of control' prices and crime after 52 restaurants shut down  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DC business owner warns of 'out of control' prices and crime after 52 restaurants shut down
Story by Nikolas Lanum  •
16h

Well, high costs in surging crime,

Crime, rising costs prompted dozens of restaurants to close in DC, survey indicates

Dozens of restaurants in Washington D.C. have closed their doors amid high rent costs and surging crime, with one business owner admitting he is tired of staff and customers being threatened, robbed and carjacked. 

According to the Metropolitan Washington Restaurant Association, 52 restaurants in D.C. have shuttered in 2023.

The nation's capital is grappling with an escalating crime surge, having surpassed a 20-year record-high in homicides with 261 murders as of Dec. 14, according to Metropolitan Police Department data. Robberies are also skyrocketing, increasing 69% year-to-date, while theft is up 24%.

Additionally, motor vehicle theft is up 84% and violent crime increased 39% year-over-year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dc-business-owner-warns-of-out-of-control-prices-and-crime-after-52-restaurants-shut-down/ar-AA1mdqOm?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e08e6b2d15484eefa7f5aa557b4d3356&ei=22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He need not fret so.  I'm sure lots of illegal immigrants will be opening restaurants soon enough. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson