Author Topic: 'Allahu Akbar' Chant by 9/11 Memorial Sparks Fury  (Read 243 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Allahu Akbar' Chant by 9/11 Memorial Sparks Fury
« on: December 30, 2023, 10:40:00 am »
 'Allahu Akbar' Chant by 9/11 Memorial Sparks Fury
Story by Aliss Higham  •
20h

A video of a pro-Palestine protester shouting "Allahu Akbar" outside New York City's World Trade Center has led to fury online.

The clip was posted to X (formerly Twitter) by Shirion Collective, a self-described "surveillance network" that scrapes "digital fingerprints to aggressively track and expose antisemitism." The 12-second video shows protesters with Palestine flags and banners gathered outside a doorway. At the start of the clip, one person can be heard shouting "Allahu Akbar," an Arabic phrase meaning "God is great" or "God is greatest."

'Allahu Akbar' Chant By 9/11 Memorial Sparks Fury
The account says the footage was taken outside the Oculus transportation hub at the World Trade Center on Thursday. Newsweek has not been able to verify the exact location of the incident.
"Allahu Akbar," which is known as the Takbir, has significant meaning for Muslims and is often used as a call to prayer. Imam Omar Suleiman, founder and president of the Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research, describes the phrase as "a powerful declaration used by Muslims on many occasions and in many prayers."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/allahu-akbar-chant-by-9-11-memorial-sparks-fury/ar-AA1mcw4S?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=81b66e039fae4418ab6524c3ea41b408&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 'Allahu Akbar' Chant by 9/11 Memorial Sparks Fury
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 10:42:08 am »
This wasn't a protest.  It was a warning masked as a protest.  It was a warning that the "religion of peace" will do it again. :osama:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson