Author Topic: Ohio GOP Gov. Mike DeWine Vetoes Bill Protecting Kids from Transgender Experimentation, Trans Partic  (Read 3399 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio GOP Gov. Mike DeWine Vetoes Bill Protecting Kids from Transgender Experimentation, Trans Participation in Girls’ Sports

Warner Todd Huston 29 Dec 2023

Ohio’s Republican Gov. Mike DeWine vetoed a bill on Dec. 29 that would protect children from dangerous and permanent transgender medical procedures and ban male-born transgender athletes from playing as females in girls’ and women’s sports.

The state legislature passed the Enact Ohio Saving Adolescents from Experimentation (SAFE) Act (HB 68) this month.

With the veto, the Republican governor broke from his own party, which overwhelmingly supported the measure. While the GOP-led legislature does have enough GOP seats to override DeWine’s veto, it is not known when or if this might occur, the Associated Press reported.

DeWine showed that he accepted the left’s hysterical claims that opposition to transgenderism causes trans kids to commit suicide.

The governor said he made his veto decision after speaking to medical providers and added, “I’ve also listened to youth and parents. Parents who have told me if not for this treatment, their child would be dead.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/12/29/ohio-gop-gov-mike-dewine-vetoes-bill-protecting-kids-from-transgender-experimentation-trans-participation-girls-sports/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Yeah, why bother to protect children from dangerous  drugs with irreversible negative effects,  or from surgical mutilation?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
File him as a pervert enabler.

Next.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

So which is it?  Dead girl or live boy?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So which is it?  Dead girl or live boy?
A large number of the mutilated eventually suicide. :shrug:

I would guess that appropriate psychological intervention might be the best course, not irreversible life-limiting surgery.

But, after COVID, this seems like the next step: Sexually mutilating the psychologically disturbed and readily influenced children. Seems like every couple of generations there is some sort of Horrorshow. Ol' Scratch never rests.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 04:25:02 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Everybody mad at Mike Dewine today when they should be mad at Ohio Republican voters who were locked down by that tyrant and then ran to the polls to make him the GOP nominee again.

You voted for this. The problem is in the mirror.

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1740805020814135450

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mike DeWine Defends Vetoing Ban On Gender Procedures For Minors. J.D. Vance Slams His Reasoning.
By  Zach Jewell

Dec 29, 2023   DailyWire.com

Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images/Jason Mowry/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) blasted Governor Mike DeWine (R-OH) Friday after the governor defended his veto of a bill that would ban gender procedures on minors and prevent boys from competing in girls’ sports.

The bill — HB 68 — vetoed by DeWine on Friday would ban transgender procedures on minors, such as double mastectomies on girls who identify as boys, and other genital procedures for children with gender dysphoria. It would also also prohibit biological boys from competing in girls’ sports across the state. DeWine said at a press conference following his decision to veto the legislation that if the bill were to become law, the government would be encroaching on parents’ rights.

“Ultimately, I believe this is about protecting human life,” DeWine said. “Many parents have told me that their child would not have survived, would be dead today, if they did not receive the treatment they received from one of Ohio’s children’s hospitals. I’ve also been told by those who are now grown adults that, but for this care, they would’ve taken their life when they were teenagers.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/mike-dewine-defends-vetoing-ban-on-gender-procedures-for-minors-j-d-vance-slams-his-reasoning
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
 Governor Mike DeWine (R(IN)-OH)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Everybody mad at Mike Dewine today when they should be mad at Ohio Republican voters who were locked down by that tyrant and then ran to the polls to make him the GOP nominee again.

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1740805020814135450
Don't the republicans hold a complete majority in Ohio? They should override this RINO's veto.

Online mountaineer

Yes, my understanding is that there are enough votes in the legislature to override the veto. I just hope there's enough will to do so.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Hoodat

Correct.   And will they do the same thing in 2024 for another GOP candidate who supported lockdowns?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Read thread:
Pedro L. Gonzalez
@emeriticus
Mike DeWine Is an Idiot

Today, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine vetoed a bill designed to ban the crime against children called “gender-affirming care.” What DeWine presented as the well-thought-out reasoning behind his decision was a steaming pile of garbage.

DeWine claimed that, were he to support the bill, “Ohio would be saying that the state, that the government, knows better what is best for a child than the two people who know that child the best—the parents.”

“The Ohio way is to approach things in a systematic manner, to follow the evidence, to be careful, and that’s really what we’re doing,” DeWine added.

Where to begin? ...

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1740939115900592493

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes, my understanding is that there are enough votes in the legislature to override the veto. I just hope there's enough will to do so.

:crossed: :crossed: :crossed:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

What a useless POS.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

'Day Late and a Dollar Short': NO ONE Is Happy With OH Gov. DeWine's New EO on 'Gender-Affirming Care'
Amy Curtis
2:00 PM on January 06, 2024
Twitchy

Back at the end of December, we reported on Ohio governor Mike DeWine vetoing HB 68, legislation that would have protected women's sports and outlawed transition surgeries for minors. He was rightly criticized for it at the time.

Something must've happened because yesterday DeWine announced he signed an executive order banning gender transition surgeries.  ...

So he'd still allow hormone 'gender-affirming' treatment.

No, override his veto and pass the original legislation. ...

Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
DeWine is trying to find an incoherent compromise position by banning surgeries but still allowing chemical castration of children. Not nearly good enough. His veto must be overridden and he should still be run out of Republican politics forever.
3:01 PM · Jan 5, 2024