8-1 for Trump
4 (22.2%)
7-2 for Trump
5 (27.8%)
6-3 For Trump
2 (11.1%)
5-4 For Trump
0 (0%)
Case does not make it to SCOTUS (or Stoner Option if Prefered)
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: January 28, 2024, 04:36:05 pm

Author Topic: Office Pool- How does SCOTUS rule on the Trump state ballot debacle  (Read 918 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think most of us have a pretty decent idea that there is almost a certainty that Trump wins his case, but this is a really good barometer to see how politically miiitant that the left leaning Judges might go.

My pick...   8-1.  Brown brown noses her way into progressive hearts.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 05:43:58 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Office Pool- How does SCOTUS rule on the Trump state ballot debacle
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 05:20:40 pm »
I think Kagan and that broad who can't define "woman" will dissent.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 05:30:50 pm »
Sotomayor and what-her-name will dissent.  Kagan sides with the majority.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 05:38:35 pm »
8-1 because there is always that one Judge, who for whatever reason, is just stupid and has to be on the wrong side of history.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 05:59:32 pm »
8-1 because there is always that one Judge, who for whatever reason, is just stupid and has to be on the wrong side of history.

Such a contrast from 1896 where that one Justice (John Harlan) was smart and on the right side of history while everyone else got it wrong.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 06:05:52 pm »
I think Kagan and that broad who can't define "woman" will dissent.

The "wise Latina", no doubt.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 06:22:28 pm »
I think there's a reasonable chance SCOTUS will refuse to hear it without a Circuit-level decision.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 07:18:16 pm »
The US Supreme Court will want the cover of lower Federal court rulings before stepping into this manure pile.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 02:26:56 pm »
I chose the stoner option
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy