Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Air Force Academy Privately Fretted The End Of Race-Based Admissions Would Hamstring ‘Div  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Air Force Academy Privately Fretted The End Of Race-Based Admissions Would Hamstring ‘Diversity’ Goals

MICAELA BURROW
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER, DEFENSE
December 27, 2023

The Air Force Academy’s top official worried the Supreme Court’s decision that race-based admissions were unconstitutional would set back the service’s “warfighting imperative” of building a racially diverse military, according to emails obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

On June 30, 2023, Lt. Gen. Richard Clark, the Air Force Academy’s superintendent, wrote a preview of the consequences that the Supreme Court’s decision striking down affirmative action could have for service academies’ abilities to judge candidates on the basis of race, according to emails the DCNF obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request. Although the justices did not overtly apply the decision to military schools, the records show how the Air Force Academy scrambled to minimize the impact of the June 29 decision on racial diversity goals.

“If we lose our limited window to reshape the racial diversity of each incoming class, it would affect our ability to meet the warfighting imperative of fielding a diverse, inclusive force,” Clark wrote. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Here’s What They’re Teaching In The Naval Academy’s Gender And Sexuality Class)

The names of recipients of Clark’s email were redacted.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/12/27/air-force-academy-race-admissions-diversity/?pnespid=sKBoBnwXbPIXxqPfvS_4GMyQrQ_1ToFsJOO6xeZqtkNmwNMWzXKSV_HVgdyEiOelpZtzT5L5tA
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson