Author Topic: Go Woke, Go Broke’: NFL Team’s Stadium Empty Despite Offering $1 Tickets  (Read 1835 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Go Woke, Go Broke’: NFL Team’s Stadium Empty Despite Offering $1 Tickets
© Provided by State Of The Union

The NFL’s embrace of BLM protests and anti-police sentiments has led to a decline in stadium attendance.

The intrusion of politics into football has been criticized by various political affiliations, resulting in empty seats at games.

Despite reports of tickets being sold, images show low attendance, possibly due to a combination of poor team performance, weather, and new entry policies.

This decline in attendance is not limited to one team, as many others have also experienced reduced or minimal growth in average attendance, indicating a broader issue.

“Depending on where you look, get-in ticket prices for today’s Carolina Panthers’ game ranged from about $0.45 to $5,” a report noted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/go-woke-go-broke-nfl-team-s-stadium-empty-despite-offering-1-tickets/ar-AA1mas0D?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=b8716f533f85485d8df6768fb11ef8a2&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's good for my heart to see the NFL doing poorly! :cheerlead: :dancer: 88devil farter000000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If I lived over there, I'd buy up 10K of them at 45 cents each.  And give them away, contingent on them providing 3 hours of chanting "FJB" and "NFL Sucks"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The "Woke" label may very well be a large part of the reason for empty stadiums.

But watching a game on a Big Screen HD TV, with 36 camera angles in super slo-motion, sitting in YOUR chair next to a fireplace, 'free' food and drinks?

They can't even give the tickets away.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The "Woke" label may very well be a large part of the reason for empty stadiums.

But watching a game on a Big Screen HD TV, with 36 camera angles in super slo-motion, sitting in YOUR chair next to a fireplace, 'free' food and drinks?

"Free Food and Drinks"?

Is Donald Trump subisidizing your Sunday afternoons?   :laugh:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

"Free Food and Drinks"?

Is Donald Trump subisidizing your Sunday afternoons?   :laugh:

Placed the word in quotes to show it as incorrect, @catfish1957

But my hotdog and beer don't cost $25...and I'm warm/dry while enjoying them. :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

We now know who's a regular at the local Food Bank.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

We now know who's a regular at the local Food Bank.   :beer:

ROFL!    :beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Placed the word in quotes to show it as incorrect, @catfish1957

Care to explain the difference between "free" food and drinks.....   and "free food and drinks"? 

That one went right over my head.....    888blackhat

Offline roamer_1

This is a funny thing in me from way, way back... But I remember going to Cubs games (and the Sox on occasion) with a particular nostalgia. I can still smell it. I can still hear the crack of the bat from up in the cheap seats... No Jumbo Trons... Just an announcer you couldn't understand because of the poor speakers, so everybody had their transistor radios with to hear the play by play... Crappy hot dogs and watered coke... The whole thing is a thing... I like.

But then, I like riding the train too.  :shrug: :laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
This is a funny thing in me from way, way back... But I remember going to Cubs games (and the Sox on occasion) with a particular nostalgia. I can still smell it. I can still hear the crack of the bat from up in the cheap seats... No Jumbo Trons... Just an announcer you couldn't understand because of the poor speakers, so everybody had their transistor radios with to hear the play by play... Crappy hot dogs and watered coke... The whole thing is a thing... I like.

But then, I like riding the train too.  :shrug: :laugh:

I share the same memories at the old Astrodome, and Astros games in the 1960's.   Geez we sucked back then, but baseball then had an air and feel of traditon.  People better understood the game, and weren't hung up on stupid shit like exit velocites, tale of the tape, and pitch counts. 

Modern baseball is nothing but overbloated salaries, stadiums mimicing pin ball machines, and more advertising in vein and what you see in the Movie Idiocracy.   

Offline Hoodat

Watching a game on TV is supporting the NFL.  Boycotting the NFL means boycotting the NFL.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Watching a game on TV is supporting the NFL.  Boycotting the NFL means boycotting the NFL.

Actually haven't watched one NFL game since they supported Kapernick's idiotic kneeling.

Baseball,  though I boycott regular season generally, is a guilty pleasure during the post season.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Yep.  And at the change of innings, one team would rush off the field while the other rushed on.  The pitcher would try to get as many warmup tosses as he could before the umpire yelled "Batter up!".  Television has destroyed all that.  Now there is a full 4 minute break between half-innings to fit in over an hour of commercials in a 9-inning game, while the game attendees sit through it waiting for the extended pause to end.

Television has destroyed the game of baseball.  And now they demand a pitch clock to speed up the game after intentionally slowing it down to collect those advertising dollars?  Bah!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 06:21:34 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Yep.  And at the change of innings, one team would rush off the field while the other rushed on.  The pitcher would try to get as many warmup tosses as he could before the umpire yelled "Batter up!".  Television has destroyed all that.  Now there is a full 4 minute break between half-innings to fit in over an hour of commercials in a 9-inning game, while the game attendees sit through it waiting for the extended pause to end.

Television has destroyed the game of baseball.  And now they demand a pitch clock to speed up the game after intentionally slowing it down to collect those advertising dollars?  Bah!

Thank goodness for DVR's.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It might be the Panthers' 2-13 record.  The Patriots have twice as many wins at 4-11.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

It really is a thing... and distinct from the softball fields, which is a similar but different thing, somehow.

But I tuned out, shortly after coming out here... My fun turned into horses, trapping, hunting, and fishing... All I could ever ask for...

Stuck around for NASCAR for a while... But sometime after Earnhardt passed... Run for the Race and all that bullshit... Bouncy jangly crap all over my screen.... And commercials every seven minutes.

No more NASCAR either. That was the rough one. My uncle Johnny and I were gonna meet down in Vegas when the show was in town... Would have liked to try those cheap seats out... And see if I could weasel my way into the pits (I would, you know)... Never happened.

Now a question. Did these things BECOME over-commercialized, or did we become aware?
Pounding that out will give you fits.  :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

Care to explain the difference between "free" food and drinks.....   and "free food and drinks"? 

That one went right over my head.....    888blackhat

@catfish1957

The nuns taught us that when you see a word in a sentence inside single quotes, it means essentially the opposite of what it says.

Biden claims a 'Great' Economy...the Astros are 'champs'....'free' drinks and food.

Best I can do for you, my FRiend!    :laugh: :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

Nobody's talking about boycotting in this conversation.

There's nobody sitting in the seats because it costs $200.00 for a party of 4 before their fat asses even sit down.

The "WOKENESS" meter is AWOL.   We're talking strictly economic factors.
Offering tickets for $1.00 because nobody is sitting in the seats.

Offline Hoodat

Stuck around for NASCAR for a while... But sometime after Earnhardt passed... Run for the Race and all that bullshit... Bouncy jangly crap all over my screen.... And commercials every seven minutes.

@roamer_1

NASCAR is a different animal.  Yes, they have ruined it for the television viewer.  But there is no way to stop play live like they do with baseball, football, basketball, and hockey.  You can still go to a race and enjoy yourself.  But that may not be possible outside Virginia and North Carolina.

For me, I lost interest in NASCAR after Ricky Rudd retired.  A lot of people felt the same as you after Earnhardt passed.  Some traded in #3 for #8, but it just wasn't the same.  I hung around as a Jeff Gordon hater for a spell, but I simply don't follow it any more.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

The nuns taught us that when you see a word in a sentence inside single quotes, it means essentially the opposite of what it says.

Biden claims a 'Great' Economy...the Astros are 'champs'....'free' drinks and food.

Best I can do for you, my FRiend!    :laugh: :beer:

Thanks for the explantion...  got it.  Kind of like Trump was 'A Great POTUS'.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

NASCAR is a different animal.  Yes, they have ruined it for the television viewer.  But there is no way to stop play live like they do with baseball, football, basketball, and hockey.  You can still go to a race and enjoy yourself.  But that may not be possible outside Virginia and North Carolina.

For me, I lost interest in NASCAR after Ricky Rudd retired.  A lot of people felt the same as you after Earnhardt passed.  Some traded in #3 for #8, but it just wasn't the same.  I hung around as a Jeff Gordon hater for a spell, but I simply don't follow it any more.

Wore an Earnhart hat for years after his death.

I went to Tony Stewart and Bobby LaBonte... Tony mostly. Every weekend, BBQ and Cheetos, slightly stale (you have to open the bag the night before) and beer. It was a whole thing for me. Almost ritual.

Kinda faded shortly before Stewart walked away from Home Depot. Like I said... fed up with it.

Still like the drags, and follow that a bit... And off-road.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It might be the Panthers' 2-13 record.  The Patriots have twice as many wins at 4-11.
Shh. Clickbait sites and their readers need to have their biases confirmed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The NFL needs a Detroit Cleveland SB.  What an incredible Cinderella story. This unknown comes out of nowhere to lead the pack.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.