Author Topic: Biden administration backtracks on ‘democratic decline’ as root cause of migration  (Read 219 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden administration backtracks on ‘democratic decline’ as root cause of migration
© Provided by The Hill

The White House on Thursday issued a joint communiqué with Mexico that included “democratic decline” as a root cause of migration, and hours later deleted the phrase.

The Mexican version did not include the phrase but was otherwise an exact translation using the agreed-upon language.

The joint statement was the result of a meeting between Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador and a U.S. delegation led by Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas and homeland security adviser Liz Sherwood-Randall.

Both countries agreed to continue working together to better control migration in the Western Hemisphere by addressing root causes, continuing to build legal pathways for migrants and disrupting human smuggling networks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-administration-backtracks-on-democratic-decline-as-root-cause-of-migration/ar-AA1maMIW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f7912d919807491aac18168d7d80af0c&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They're afraid people will misread the statement that there is a decline in freedom in the US and reduce illegal immigration. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson