Author Topic: Civil War Rages In Texas As Historians Peddle Leftism Instead Of History  (Read 480 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Civil War Rages In Texas As Historians Peddle Leftism Instead Of History

Leftist academics orchestrate smear of Texas history buff, paint an effort to highlight the state's slave history as the opposite

A battle has broken out in Texas between academic historians and hobbyist history buffs — with the hobbyists advocating for exploring history through primary source material, and the “experts” opting to push modern far-Left politics.

It came to a head this month after a veteran publisher of Texas history books wrote to a member of the Texas Historical Commission, a government body that runs historical sites, with a list of all the books sold at the gift shop of the Levi Jordan plantation outside of Houston. Of the 23 books sold, few had to do with the plantation, Texas history, or slavery in Texas. Instead, many were modern leftist political screeds or unrelated lamentations about black victimhood in other times and places...

Excerpt: rest at headline link
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien