Author Topic: Colorado to include Trump on 2024 primary ballot as state GOP appeals to Supreme Court  (Read 1094 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Colorado to include Trump on 2024 primary ballot as state GOP appeals to Supreme Court
The Colorado GOP appealed decision to remove Trump from ballot on Wednesday
By Houston Keene Fox News
Published December 28, 2023 1:19pm EST

The Colorado secretary of state will include former President Donald Trump on the 2024 Colorado primary ballot after Republicans filed an appeal to the Supreme Court.

On Wednesday, the Colorado GOP filed an appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court after the state Supreme Court's decision to remove Trump from the primary ballot.

Following the appeal, Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold announced that she will include Trump on the primary ballot on the Jan. 5 certification deadline, unless the U.S. Supreme Court affirms the lower court's ruling or declines to take up the case.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-include-trump-2024-primary-ballot-state-gop-appeals-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Colorado to include Trump on 2024 primary ballot as state GOP appeals to Supreme Court

Following the appeal, Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold announced that she will include Trump on the primary ballot on the Jan. 5 certification deadline, unless the U.S. Supreme Court affirms the lower court's ruling or declines to take up the case.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-include-trump-2024-primary-ballot-state-gop-appeals-supreme-court

I can't quite decide what Colorado's trying to encourage the Supreme Court to do.   :pondering:

Offline mountaineer

Sebastian Gorka DrG
@SebGorka
BREAKING:  Loonie Leftie, Jena Griswold, has caved. The Secretary of State has just declared that President Trump’s name will stay on  Colorado ballots.
4:10 PM · Dec 28, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Colorado Secretary Of State urges SCOTUS to ‘quickly’ rule against Trump
by Katelynn Richardson
Daily Caller News Foundation

Democratic Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold urged the Supreme Court Thursday to “quickly” uphold a decision baring former President Donald Trump from the state’s ballot.

The Colorado Supreme Court found Trump ineligible to appear on the state’s ballot Dec. 19 under a section of the 14th Amendment that bars individuals who took an oath to the Constitution and then “engaged in insurrection” from holding office. The Colorado Republican Party appealed that ruling to the Supreme Court on Wednesday.

“Donald Trump engaged in insurrection and was disqualified under the Constitution from the Colorado Ballot,” Griswold posted. “The Colorado Supreme Court got it right. This decision is now being appealed. I urge the U.S. Supreme Court to act quickly given the upcoming presidential primary election.”

With the court’s decision now appealed, Griswold is required to include Trump’s name on the ballot unless the Supreme Court says otherwise before the Jan. 5 certification deadline, according to the ruling.

Griswold also shared Thursday an editorial by The Denver Post arguing that “Trump’s actions have disqualified him from holding the office of president.” ... More

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Colorado Secretary Of State urges SCOTUS to ‘quickly’ rule against Trump

:silly:

Man will I laugh if and when SCOTUS slaps her back down with a 9-0 ass kicking.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Has the Colorado SOS just issed a stay on a Colorado SC decision?   If so, can she?

Offline Hoodat

So the Colorado Secretary of State has unilaterally decided to violate a State Supreme Court order.  And no one questions it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Loonie Leftie, Jena Griswold, has caved. The Secretary of State has just declared that President Trump’s name will stay on  Colorado ballots."

At least some Colorado demsheviks realize that they're going to lose this when the issue reaches the U.S. Supreme Court, and are covering their rear ends.

Catfish adds:
"Man will I laugh if and when SCOTUS slaps her back down with a 9-0 ass kicking"

Think again, man.
Fishrrman totally-off-the-wall prediction:
The Supreme Court WILL overturn the Colorado decision.
But... it will be either by a 6-3 vote, or maybe even a 5-4 vote.

Offline Hoodat

I predict 7-2.  Kagan sides with the majority.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I predict 6-3 in favor of Trump

Kagan,”the wise Latina,” and the justice who couldn’t define what a woman is will rule against
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Loonie Leftie, Jena Griswold, has caved. The Secretary of State has just declared that President Trump’s name will stay on  Colorado ballots."

At least some Colorado demsheviks realize that they're going to lose this when the issue reaches the U.S. Supreme Court, and are covering their rear ends.

Catfish adds:
"Man will I laugh if and when SCOTUS slaps her back down with a 9-0 ass kicking"

Think again, man.
Fishrrman totally-off-the-wall prediction:
The Supreme Court WILL overturn the Colorado decision.
But... it will be either by a 6-3 vote, or maybe even a 5-4 vote.

If so, that means some members the highest level of our courts is saying even without a convicition, or even a charge, a candidate can be precluded from running due to ideolgical differences. 

I think at worst Brown (who can't even ID what a woman is) might be the only dissenting vote.  I don't think SCOTUS is this big into this level of precedence, given its absurdity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

I think at worst Brown (who can't even ID what a woman is) might be the only dissenting vote.  I don't think SCOTUS is this big into this level of precedence, given its absurdity.

Kagan could be a maybe when it comes to siding with Trump on this

Sotomayor and Brown…not a chance
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Tweeter by the name of Usually Right says: Colorado Supreme Court, knowing that SCOTUS would reverse them, built in an automatic stay into their ruling "if" Trump or the Colorado Republican Party appealed to SCOTUS.  That happened yesterday with the CO GOP appealing, so Trump stays on the primary ballot.  It's all theatre

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Tweeter by the name of Usually Right says: Colorado Supreme Court, knowing that SCOTUS would reverse them, built in an automatic stay into their ruling "if" Trump or the Colorado Republican Party appealed to SCOTUS.  That happened yesterday with the CO GOP appealing, so Trump stays on the primary ballot.  It's all theatre

100% true (except the "all-theater" part), and someone that anyone who read the actual decision before commenting on it would have known.  Automatic stays during appeals are quite common in court decisions, and this particular stay provision was mentioned in a lot of the articles reporting on it, and on here as well.

Anyway, this is one reason I've concluded we are more than likely screwed long term.  Far too many people on both sides, even very intelligent people like Gorka, reach conclusions about issues without even bothering to first become informed.   

Outrage and ignorance are never a pretty combination.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 02:25:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

I predict 6-3 in favor of Trump

Kagan,”the wise Latina,” and the justice who couldn’t define what a woman is will rule against

@LMAO

Your input is needed:  Office Pool- How does SCOTUS rule on the Trump state ballot debacle

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I predict 7-2.  Kagan sides with the majority.

That would be my guess too.  Kagan is brighter than the other two.

Thanks for the info.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 07:12:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

According to Colorado law, the decision for who qualifies to be on a primary ballot is left up to each Party.  Not that the Colorado Supreme Court has any interest on what the law says.

C.R.S. Title 1, Art. 4
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 07:47:16 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So is it or more likely