Author Topic: Robert De Niro background  (Read 590 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Robert De Niro background
« on: December 28, 2023, 05:59:03 pm »

Robert De Niro

Overview
* Prominent Hollywood film actor
* Attended Elisabeth Irwin High School, a Manhattan institution famous for its radical politics and commonly known as “The Little Red Schoolhouse”
* Avid supporter of the Democratic Party and leftist causes
* Detests President Donald Trump and all his supporters

Background
Robert De Niro Jr. was born on August 17, 1943, in the Greenwich Village section of Manhattan. Both of his parents were accomplished artists. De Niro’s father was a secret homosexual who divorced his wife in 1945.

When De Niro (Jr.) was in the 7th and 8th grades, he attended Elisabeth Irwin High School, a Manhattan institution famous for its radical politics and commonly known as “The Little Red Schoolhouse.” Most of the teachers there were members of the American Communist Party. Other prominent alumni of this school include the former Weather Underground terrorist Kathy Boudin; lifelong Communist Angela Davis; Michael and Robert Meeropol (sons of atomic spies Julius and Ethel Rosenberg); The Nation publisher Victor Navasky; and folk singer Mary Travers.

Developing a love for theater at an early age, De Niro in 1960 dropped out of high school to study acting. After debuting in the 1968 film, Greetings, he achieved stardom with breakthrough performances in two 1973 productions: Bang the Drum Slowly and Mean Streets. De Niro went on to become one of the most successful and acclaimed actors in Hollywood, appearing in such movies as The Godfather: Part II (1974), The Deer Hunter (1978), Raging Bull (1980), Goodfellas (1990), Analyze This (1999), Meet the Parents (2000), and Meet the Fockers (2004). By 2019, De Niro had amassed a net worth of approximately $500 million.

https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individuals/robert-de-niro/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Robert De Niro background
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 06:00:16 pm »
I refuse to watch anything this *sswipe has been in. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 06:28:56 pm »
I refuse to watch anything this *sswipe has been in. :tongue2:

I’ve never thought him a great actor. Never understood the adulation. But now he’s just a vile old man.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 06:33:11 pm »
I’ve never thought him a great actor. Never understood the adulation. But now he’s just a vile old man.

He's one dimensional.  One trick pony.  Daniel Day Lewis' he's not.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 06:47:22 pm »
He's one dimensional.  One trick pony.  Daniel Day Lewis' he's not.

Or Ralph Fiennes. Or Cary Grant. Or James Garner. Or even Mel Gibson.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell