Author Topic: Beer sales plunge to lowest levels in 24 years — thanks to Bud Light’s disastrous Dylan Mulvaney cam  (Read 537 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Beer sales plunge to lowest levels in 24 years — thanks to Bud Light’s disastrous Dylan Mulvaney campaign
By Social Links forLisa Fickenscher
Published Dec. 27, 2023, 3:17 p.m. ET

Beer sales in the US are expected to plunge to their lowest level since 1999 — largely due to Bud Light’s massive falloff after its disastrous tie-up with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, industry experts said.

Sales declined by more than 5% in the first nine months of the year, dragged down not only by the backlash and boycotts against Anheuser-Busch-owned Bud Light but the changing habits of younger drinkers, according to Beer Marketer’s Insights.

Bud Light sales have steadily declined each month by 25% to 30% since Mulvaney’s now-infamous posts touting the brand on April 1, according to industry data.

The Mulvaney fiasco unseated Bud Light as the No. 1- selling beer in the US after two decades of dominance.

While other beers grabbed some of Bud Light’s market share — with Constellation Brands’ Modelo unseating Bud Light and Molson Coors’ brands Coors Light and Miller Lite seeing upticks — their growth did not make up for Anheuser-Busch’s declines.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/27/business/beer-sales-plummeting-to-lowest-level-in-24-years-amid-dylan-mulvaney-fiasco/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
So let me get this straight.

Beer drinkers quit, rather than switched brands?, or switched to the harder stuff.?  Seems a tad far fetched to me. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So let me get this straight.

Beer drinkers quit, rather than switched brands?, or switched to the harder stuff.?  Seems a tad far fetched to me.
I don't know which, but I had to go to the store yesterday and there were guys from more than one distributor packing up a $hitload of beer and moving it off the sales floor...and that with New Years still ahead of us :shrug:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There demographic for new beer drinkers is changing.  Your metrosexual man bun wearing low-t customers prefer White Claw.  Its this gens Boones Farm and Bartles & James for men.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

There demographic for new beer drinkers is changing.  Your metrosexual man bun wearing low-t customers prefer White Claw.  Its this gens Boones Farm and Bartles & James for men.
I thought White Claw was more in the Thunderbird and Ripple category, but then I never had one.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I thought White Claw was more in the Thunderbird and Ripple category, but then I never had one.

I have never had one either.  But then we are men's men. We hunt things to eat them and are not confused with our gender identity.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I get the impression those fruity fizzy alcoholic drinks in cans are all the rage now. Meh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

I have never had one either.  But then we are men's men. We hunt things to eat them and are not confused with our gender identity.
Brandon Herrera who has a YouTube channel devoted to AK's and other toys will fire whatever he is currently shooting at a can of White Claw, or a case if it is a machine gun as a test of power :silly: that seems a perfect use for a metrosexual beverage. By the way Herrera is running for congress in Texas  https://brandonherreraforcongress.com/
I'd vote for him if I could!
White Claw test at about 4 min 50 (language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=426PApt8YZY