Author Topic: Mayor Adams says NYPD is bracing for potential anti-Israel disruptions, terrorist actions during New  (Read 2473 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayor Adams says NYPD is bracing for potential anti-Israel disruptions, terrorist actions during New Year's Eve in Times Square
"We're sure there's gonna be some type of attempt this year," Adams said.

Katie Daviscourt
Seattle WA
Dec 27, 2023

New York City Mayor Eric Adams said on Tuesday that there will be a heightened police presence for New Year's Eve celebrations in Times Square in preparation for potential protests in relation to the Israel-Hamas war.

This after the city has seen more than 500 pro-Palestinian demonstrations since the war broke out, including the disruption of multiple Christmas events, the iconic Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and the notable Rockefeller Christmas Tree lighting service.

Because of this, Mayor Adams said during a press conference that the city is prepared to take extra security measures on New Year's Eve to thwart any potential protests and terrorist action, according to CBS News.

"We're sure there's gonna be some type of attempt this year," Adams said, speaking on the probability of seeing protest disruptions in Times Square, according to the outlet.

https://thepostmillennial.com/mayor-adams-says-nypd-is-bracing-for-potential-anti-israel-disruptions-terrorist-actions-during-new-years-eve-in-times-square?utm_campaign=64487
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYPD Bracing for New Year's Eve 'Protests.' Could This Be the Black Swan Event?
By Ward Clark | 6:17 PM on December 28, 2023

I'm about to once more take my place as RedState's resident stormy petrel.

In three days and a few hours, we ring in 2024. In New York City, as per tradition, there will be an event in Times Square, including the famous "ball drop." But this year, things are liable to be different. The NYPD is mustering what strength it has left, and there's a report that Mayor Eric Adams is "sure" pro-Palestinian protestors will try to disrupt the event. He's not wrong about the disruption part. He is wrong about the "pro-Palestinian" part.

Mayor Eric Adams said he is “sure” pro-Palestinian protesters will try to interrupt the New Year’s Eve ball drop in Times Square after already disrupting the annual Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

“We’re sure there’s gonna be some type of attempt this year,” the mayor said at a Tuesday news conference.

“Everyone looks for events like this if they want to do bad things, and the police department is on top of it.”

To prevent any sort of disruption, the NYPD is deploying thousands of officers to the area — both in uniform and in plainclothes.

Given the scale of some of the protests we've seen, it's questionable whether the NYPD has the manpower to stop the protests - or the riots - if things really get out of hand.

Mayor Adam's statement, while probably carefully prepared and vetted by media consultants, nevertheless shows very clearly that he is unable to come to grips with the problem. These are not "pro-Palestinian" protestors. They are pro-Hamas protesters and anti-Israel protestors, and their intentions are not peaceful. If a protest starts, and the police are unable - or unwilling - to quell it quickly and decisively, it's not at all unlikely that things could spin out of control. And New York isn't the only place where these things are going on.

more
https://redstate.com/wardclark/2023/12/28/nypd-bracing-for-new-years-eve-protests-could-this-be-the-black-swan-event-n2168047
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I have a better time watching the ball drop on the couch snuggling with a blanket and in my jammies.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If I am up at midnight  on New Year's Eve it will be because my bladder is protesting.  :smokin:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

I have a better time watching the ball drop on the couch snuggling with a blanket and in my jammies.

Agreed. Last time we went out for New Year's Eve to watch the ball drop in our local 'time square' was about 5 or 6 years ago and to our surprise we were eventually surrounded by a group of loud and rowdy Muslims trying to get us to move and give up our seats.  We refused. We didn't stay long afterwards.  With all that's going on around the world and in our country, I'm with you.  I'll stay home. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 10:27:35 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Haven't the Palestinian terrorist sympathizers tried disrupting multiple events lately?

Unlike the Thanksgiving parades, trying to disrupt something where everyone is packed like sardines isn't going to work with passive resistance tactics like a blockade. You're talking suicide bombings (which would be par for the course for Palestinians, BTW).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Agreed. Last time we went out for New Year's Eve to watch the ball drop in our local 'time square' was about 5 or 6 years ago and to our surprise we were eventually surrounded by a group of loud and rowdy Muslims trying to get us to move and give up our seats.  We refused. We didn't stay long afterwards.  With all that's going on around the world and in our country, I'm with you.  I'll stay home.

I think I mentioned back in the early 80s when I was in college, a group of us girls took the bus to see the St Patrick's
Day parade in NYC. It was cold but sunny , and lots of drunks spilling drinks over everyone. No thank you, not again. But fine when you are like 22.

Offline Mod2

Merged threads

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Haven't the Palestinian terrorist sympathizers tried disrupting multiple events lately?

Unlike the Thanksgiving parades, trying to disrupt something where everyone is packed like sardines isn't going to work with passive resistance tactics like a blockade. You're talking suicide bombings (which would be par for the course for Palestinians, BTW).
Don't give them any ideas, but car bombs and other IEDs would be possible with that bunch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

NYPD ‘prepared’ for large pro-Palestine protests during New Year’s Eve bash at Times Square
New York Daily News via Pittsburgh Tribune Review
 Friday, Dec. 29, 2023 9:14 p.m.
There are no known security threats related to this weekend’s New Year’s Eve celebration in Times Square, but the New York Police Department is gearing up for the possibility that thousands of pro-Palestine protesters will be demonstrating nearby, Mayor Eric Adams and police officials said Friday.

In an afternoon security briefing outside the NYPD’s Times Square substation, Adams said the police department is still on high alert, citing an incident at last year’s Times Square ball drop event in which a Maine teenager allegedly attacked three NYPD officers with a machete.

“There are no specific threats to the city, but, as we saw last year, you don’t have to have a specific threat to get a threat, and we’re going to be ready,” said the mayor, who was joined by top NYPD leaders.

Pro-Palestine groups have for weeks called for mass protests in Times Square on New Year’s Eve against Israel’s military campaign in the Gaza Strip, which local authorities say has killed more than 20,000 people, many of them children. Israel launched the military action after Hamas, which controls Gaza, killed 1,200 Israelis and took hundreds hostage during a terror attack on Oct. 7.  ...

A top police official who was absent from Friday’s briefing was NYPD Commissioner Edward Caban.

Asked by The New York Daily News about Caban’s whereabouts, Adams said he has been in the Dominican Republic but will return to New York on Saturday.

“He was doing several agreements down there,” Adams said.

A spokeswoman for the mayor would not elaborate on what the mayor meant by “agreements.” An NYPD spokesman later said Caban has been vacationing on the island.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I believe it was a relatively quiet night, as New Years Eve's go

Online mountaineer

I believe it was a relatively quiet night, as New Years Eve's go
Glad to hear it! I know there were marches and demonstrations, but didn't know whether they'd done any harm.

Online mountaineer

Here's what is on the agenda for this afternoon in NYC:

Online mountaineer

Checkpoints at JFK stopping protesters from getting to the airport.

Belt Parkway shut down as Pro-Palestine protesters drive to JFK Terminal 4 for today's protest "Flood JFK for Gaza"

https://twitter.com/ScooterCasterNY/status/1741897142753525791