Author Topic: DeSantis’s Campaign Is Irrelevant if the GOP Voters Want Trump.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 154 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis’s Campaign Is Irrelevant if the GOP Voters Want Trump
Kurt Schlichter

The GOP primaries and caucuses have not actually started, but Donald Trump appears from the polling to be way ahead. I prefer Ron DeSantis, but if you are betting, you would probably put your money on Donald Trump being nominated again. So be it. That’s what primaries are for—to find out what the base wants and to do that. And if that’s what the base wants, that’s what it should get. I’m going to support the nominee whether it is Ron DeSantis or Donald Trump or… well, it’s going to be one of those two. And I am still going to continue to support the nominee even if it is Donald Trump and he picks Nikki Haley as his vice presidential running mate, which I totally see him doing. I am a Republican, and my party winning is what matters first.

An upset victory by Ron DeSantis in Iowa would probably end all the ridiculous commentary about how Ron DeSantis is somehow running a terrible campaign. The idea his campaign is somehow bad is nonsense. Ron DeSantis is running the only campaign he could possibly run in this situation, and he’s running it just fine. Is it perfect? No. Every campaign has ups and downs and problems. But the breathless critiques of his campaign accusing it of somehow being terrible are just plain silly. This is especially prevalent on social media, where you have people announcing that they have never seen a campaign so bad, which might be true since they only got into politics about one or two cycles ago. His campaign is not bad. His path to the nomination is just incredibly narrow and difficult. Plus, Democrat election interference in the form of disgraceful, bogus lawfare rallies Trump’s supporters and focuses attention on Trump.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2023/12/28/desantiss-campaign-is-irrelevant-if-the-gop-voters-want-trump-n2632890
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34