Author Topic: Big moves ahead on light tank, Bradley replacement and robot vehicles  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Big moves ahead on light tank, Bradley replacement and robot vehicles
By Todd South
 Dec 27, 08:36 AM

The M10 Booker Combat Vehicle proudly displays its namesake on the gun tube during the Army Birthday Festival at the National Museum of the U.S. Army, June 10, 2023. (Bernardo Fuller/Army)
The Army’s ground combat forces will see three new vehicles arrive in 2024.

The service announced in mid-2023 it was naming the Mobile Protected Firepower Vehicle the M10 Booker, in honor of two brave soldiers who served in separate eras.

The Booker’s namesakes are both Staff Sgt. Devon A. Booker, a tanker who died while serving in the 2003 Iraq invasion, and Pvt. Robert D. Booker, an infantryman who died while serving in Tunisia in 1943 during World War II.

The light tank is “an armored vehicle that is intended to support our infantry brigade combat teams by suppressing and destroying fortifications, gun systems, entrenchments and, secondarily, then providing protection against enemy armored vehicles,” Maj. Gen. Glenn Dean, program executive officer for ground combat systems, told Defense News.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/12/27/big-moves-ahead-on-light-tank-bradley-replacement-and-robot-vehicles/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson