Author Topic: Nikki Haley slammed for not mentioning ‘slavery’ as cause of the Civil War in ‘word salad’ answer du  (Read 6378 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No one has fought more than me against the woke attacks on the legacy of  confederate soldiers, and those of us who want to honor that service.  My point of being a tireless defender of southern heritiage, and protecting our ancestors legacy has even with my efforts resulted in zero coverts.  I am at the point now, why bother.
History, honest history should never be erased, it's what those who manipulate or want to manipulate what people think, do...also moslems. Slavery happened, the Civil War happened, America at the end tried to reconcile with it by honoring both sides that gave their lives for what they believed and now we have social justice warriors, bigots and people that are all about feelings working hard to erase those that fought for or supported the Confederacy....people like Haley. I will never vote for someone that denies part of America's history or whose policies are based on feelings and pandering.

What's that saying "those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
You'd be shocked how many times I've been called a racist (esp. in my wife's Yankee land climes) for defending these soldiers, and most being non-slave holders who saw an invading army trying to destroy their way of life.

And a big shout out to the wet noodles who run the SCV.  Their cowardice in this assault has been downright embarassing.

That would piss me off too.

WW3 in the Pacific was caused by the imposition of an embargo to stop Japanese imperialism, but does anyone think American soldiers were motivated by a desire to defend an embargo?

Hell no. They fought because their country was attacked, end of story. That was the primary motivation of the majority who fought on the side of the south.

Online libertybele

History, honest history should never be erased, it's what those who manipulate or want to manipulate what people think, do...also moslems. Slavery happened, the Civil War happened, America at the end tried to reconcile with it by honoring both sides that gave their lives for what they believed and now we have social justice warriors, bigots and people that are all about feelings working hard to erase those that fought for or supported the Confederacy....people like Haley. I will never vote for someone that denies part of America's history or whose policies are based on feelings and pandering.

What's that saying "those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana

Yes honest history should never be erased yet as we know over time it has and there seems to be a concentrated effort to do so now with the demolition and destruction of monuments, statues, and revamping the history books in our liberal schools.  Sadly, with all the ILLEGALS coming in, we will become the minority and quite possibly the history of the founding of our nation will be thrown out the window along with the Constitution.

The liberal school system has brainwashed and re-educated our youth as far as the history of our nation. Is government and American history even taught these days?

This is where the GOP completely missed out in correcting the liberal indoctrination of our youth and inserting conservatism and the proper history  lessons needed to continue our American heritage. Without this change, we cannot expect change in our country.  In another 30 or 40 years most of us will be gone and history will be well erased.

It reminds me of an interview that Beck did on a journalist who went around and recorded stories of WWI vets and WWII vets before they all died -- she is working on recording stories from Vietnam vets.  Their stories need to be told .... just as much as the history of our country needs to be taught.

I went on-line and into a website called "Good Reads" and looked up U.S. history books that were suggested to read.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/290.Best_American_History_Books

Any thoughts on the books??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes honest history should never be erased yet as we know over time it has and there seems to be a concentrated effort to do so now with the demolition and destruction of monuments, statues, and revamping the history books in our liberal schools.  Sadly, with all the ILLEGALS coming in, we will become the minority and quite possibly the history of the founding of our nation will be thrown out the window along with the Constitution.

The liberal school system has brainwashed and re-educated our youth as far as the history of our nation. Is government and American history even taught these days?

This is where the GOP completely missed out in correcting the liberal indoctrination of our youth and inserting conservatism and the proper history  lessons needed to continue our American heritage. Without this change, we cannot expect change in our country.  In another 30 or 40 years most of us will be gone and history will be well erased.

It reminds me of an interview that Beck did on a journalist who went around and recorded stories of WWI vets and WWII vets before they all died -- she is working on recording stories from Vietnam vets.  Their stories need to be told .... just as much as the history of our country needs to be taught.

I went on-line and into a website called "Good Reads" and looked up U.S. history books that were suggested to read.

I'm sure you are already fully aware of this @libertybele but the unfortunate fact that a thing called propaganda has always existed on this earth and likely always will. The purveyors of that stuff often disguise what they do as history, and WE must never forget that!

I'm getting a little long in the tooth now, but you can rest assured that for so long as I'm still sucking wind, I'll be doing my best to separate the propaganda from the facts!

(I can't see YOUR list of books because Amazon (Good reads) formulates your list based on how you rate books that you have read.)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Howard Zinn's A People’s History of the United States uses a Marxist framework and is responsible for much of the historical ignorance we're now seeing across the country.  Kearns Goodwin and Ambrose are plagiarists.  Ron Chernow and James McPherson's books are old school, and anything by McCullough, Rhodes, and Hackett Fischer are first rate.  Morris is good too, as an expert in Teddy Roosevelt.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus