Author Topic: U.S. Navy downs 3 ballistic missiles, 2 cruise missiles and a dozen drones fired by Houthis  (Read 455 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND By Micaela Burrow Daily Caller News Foundation 12/27/2023

Enemy weapons were fired toward the Red Sea over a 10-hour period

U.S. naval assets downed a dozen suicide drones, three anti-ship ballistic missiles and two land-based cruise missiles the Houthis fired toward the Red Sea over a 10-hour period on Tuesday, the military said in a statement.

U.S. warships and an aircraft carrier have been on patrol in the Red Sea region to defend commercial shipping from the Iran-backed militant group’s repeated attacks and contain the conflict. Beginning at 6:30 a.m. Sanaa time, destroyer USS Laboon and fighter jets from the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower aircraft carrier thwarted the day-long salvo of drone and missile attacks in the southern Red Sea region, U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a statement, as the Houthis claimed a missile attack on another container vessel.

CENTCOM said no ships were damage and no injuries reported.

“U.S. assets, to include the USS LABOON (DDG 58) and F/A-18 Super Hornets from the Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group, shot down twelve one-way attack drones, three anti-ship ballistic missiles, and two land attack cruise missiles in the Southern Red Sea that were fired by the Houthis over a 10 hour period which began at approximately 6:30 a.m. (Sanaa time) on December 26. There was no damage to ships in the area or reported injuries,” CENTCOM said.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2023/12/u-s-navy-downs-3-ballistic-missiles-2-cruise-missiles-dozen-drones-fired-houthis/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I guess these rate as yet more "Fishrrman dumb questions"...

Doesn't the U.S. Central Command have an idea from where these missiles and drones are being fired/launched?

I thought we had the most sophisticated snooping equipment that could cover nearly the entire globe?

Why are we acting only upon the "symptoms" of the houthi problem?
Why not locate their bases and utterly destroy them?

And keep on doing that every time they launch another attack...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good for the USN!

They don't get much credit most of the time because it  SEEMS like most of their  "Action" these days comes from their sub  fleets,and pretty much all of that is classified activity.

Not ONE chance in hell of EVERY  getting ME on a submarine! Damn thing sinks when it leaves port,and remains sunk for months at a time sometimes.

Ya just GOTTA wonder if the damn thing is ever going to surface again if you are on one of them. Or at least  *I* would.

BTW,one of my former friends from SOG in VN got  out of the army after his tour,and joined the Navy to serve on subs. He was the Chief of the Boat when he retired.

I asked him if he had lost his bleeping mind when I found out about it,and he just laughed.

The ONLY way  you would get ME on  a sub that  is leaving the dock for a patrol would be to  get me and keep me heavily  sedated.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 12:06:00 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Again, total nonsense.

The time has come to warn all foreign nationals out of Yemen.  One week later the USA should drop a MOAB on the largest populated city in Yemen.  And then deliver a warning, any further attacks in the Red Sea will be met with another MOAB progressing with the most populated on down to the least populated.

These animals must be dealt with, not just the weapons they launch.