Author Topic: Kinzinger says Christians who back Trump ‘don’t understand’ their religion  (Read 571 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Kinzinger says Christians who back Trump ‘don’t understand’ their religion
by Lauren Irwin - 12/27/23 11:39 AM ET

Former Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) bashed former President Trump online and said Christians who support him “don’t understand” their religion.

“I’m going to go out on a NOT limb here: this man is not a Christian,” Kinzinger said on X, formerly known as Twitter, responding to Trump’s Christmas post. “If you are a Christian who supports him you don’t understand your own religion.”

Kinzinger, one of Trump’s fiercest critics in the GOP, said in his post that “Trump is weak, meager, smelly, victim-ey, belly-achey, but he ain’t a Christian and he’s not ‘God’s man.’”

Kinzinger has become isolated from most of the Republican Party after serving on the House select committee that investigated the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. He did not seek reelection in 2022.

In an unusual Christmas message on his social media platform Truth Social, Trump called for various people he sees as “looking to destroy” the country to “rot in Hell.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4379039-kinzinger-says-christians-who-back-trump-dont-understand-their-religion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Why is a non-Christian explaining to me what I believe?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If you vote for Trump you ain't Christian?...or does he mean 'If you don't vote for Biden you ain't Christian?

Either way, as Marty McFly would say "He's a @sspenhole".
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 09:50:47 pm by GtHawk »

Online DB

Kinzinger ought to do a little reflection on bearing false witness...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Matt.7
[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
[3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis