Author Topic: Wayne State University student, David Lopez, who tipped the scales at 400lb sues the school for $1 m  (Read 288 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Wayne State University student, David Lopez, who tipped the scales at 400lb sues the school for $1 million after claiming he was prevented from becoming a gym teacher because of his weight
Story by Bethan Sexton For Dailymail.Com  •
58m

David Lopez argued he should be allowed to complete his student teaching remotely due to his weight

The student teacher has diabetes, hypertension and asthma that make standing and walking difficult

Wayne State called for the lawsuit to be dismissed and described it as 'frivolous'

A 400-pound Michigan student gym teacher is suing his school for $1 million alleging he was discriminated against because of his weight after his request to do his student teaching virtually was denied.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wayne-state-university-student-david-lopez-who-tipped-the-scales-at-400lb-sues-the-school-for-1-million-after-claiming-he-was-prevented-from-becoming-a-gym-teacher-because-of-his-weight/ar-AA1m6m4K?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=9270b272b54044b2a128ed1691c1749b&ei=18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson