Author Topic: Oregon Lawmakers Sue to Halt “Misinformation” Contracts Against Election-Related Speech  (Read 606 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Issue: December 26, 2023
Oregon Lawmakers Sue to Halt “Misinformation” Contracts Against Election-Related Speech
Pushing back against censorship.

By Dan Frieth
Posted 1:40 pm

If you're tired of censorship and dystopian threats against civil liberties, subscribe to Reclaim The Net.

A legal battle is currently unfolding in the state of Oregon as local legislators along with other parties, such as radio show hosts and Republican party representatives are suing government officials in an attempt to prevent them from intervening in what is referred to as false election information.

The lawsuit, which represents a bold stand against censorship, was launched against Democratic Governor Tina Kotek, Secretary of State LaVonne Griffin-Valade, and Elections Director Molly Woon.

We obtained a copy of the injunction petition for here.

The lawsuit’s central accusation is that the state is effectively intending to mute any critique or disapproval of its electoral process under the guise of mitigating unfounded election-related claims.

https://reclaimthenet.org/oregon-lawmakers-sue-to-halt-misinformation-contracts-against-election-related-speech
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson