Author Topic: DeSantis says he doesn’t want ‘a bunch of yes men around’ amid campaign drama  (Read 539 times)

Online corbe

DeSantis says he doesn’t want ‘a bunch of yes men around’ amid campaign drama

by Samantha-Jo Roth, Congressional Reporter
December 26, 2023 06:35 PM

After staff shake-ups and internal turmoil at the major super PAC backing him, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) said he wants a team in his orbit that shares his vision and to have a “backbone” on a podcast in Iowa on Friday.

Weeks ahead of the Iowa caucuses, the Florida governor is fighting to gain momentum in an effort to catch up to former President Donald Trump in the Republican primary. But in recent weeks, six leaders associated with the Never Back Down PAC have resigned, and its chief strategist left following a Washington Post expose that detailed internal fighting and finger-pointing as the campaign sputtered.

The campaign has attempted to portray the latest staff shake-up as a new way to reboot the governor’s campaign. The Florida Republican was asked about the difficulty in keeping a close-knit inner circle by father-son duo Sawyer and Tork Whisler on their podcast, Barn Talk.

“I look for people that are independent; they have to share the vision, but as issues come up, you know, they’ve got to give their best ja bunch of yes men around. You want them to be able to articulate, ‘Hey, I think this, I think that,’ and not fear that they have to just tell me what I want to hear.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/desantis-yes-men-campaign-drama
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Considering he's talking to a higher level educated audience and knows 'I hire the best people' just won't cut it, the good Gov elaborates.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

We already saw how having a bunch of yes men around worked out for Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-